Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detroit Pistons spend $40 million on Palace of Auburn Hills makeover

More upgrades to the Palace. I thought the Pistons did upgrades a couple years ago too.
    New scoreboard looks good!
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

really the only thing the Pistons haven't updated was the scoreboard. The Palace was due. I'm sure it was comparatively cheaper than the original.

The footage of Ryan Anderson blowing by Charlie Villlanueva and dunking on him is not only a nice middle finger, but they had to go back two years to get it.
      Last edited by Kstat; October 28, 2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

It's not too late to prove how smart or dumb you are. Jump in on the predictions contest!

Comment

And so the season begins. I'll watch the WS on tv and stream the Pistons. Hoping to see Dinwiddie play some. Denver is tough at home - I'll predict the Pistons lose, 103-96

Comment

Pistons need to get at the free throw line more than tonight.

I was satisfied though. The defense was good.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Aside from the all-too-familiar collapse in the 4th, I did like what I saw out of Andre in the post. If Smith can hit that 18-footer, then fine. He still shot 2 more 3's than I would've liked to have seen.

I think Augustin played the whole 4th. Times could be changing fast. While he doesn't possess the streaky scoring ability that Jennings does, he scores enough, doesn't do as many dumb things and BJ and just looked solid out there.

KCP was awful on O and pretty good on D.

Butler looked done but I haven't seen enough to officially pronounce him dead.

JJ looked decent.

Anthony looked like a good 3rd string center but I wouldn't want to see him play more than 6-8 minutes a game on a regular basis.

Andre has to stop committing silly fouls. That would be a huge next step for him. Also, boxing out instead of trying to anticipate where the rebound is going to go would be helpful. He gave up a couple of offensive rebounds to Denver that were his to have.

I expect KCP and Andre to be better, hope Jennings will be better but like that he's easily replaced.

Tomorrow night's game is very winnable. The T-Wolves lost a close one on the road too and also have to have a night of travel, like Detroit. Their front line isn't quite as intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                Aside from the all-too-familiar collapse in the 4th, I did like what I saw out of Andre in the post. If Smith can hit that 18-footer, then fine. He still shot 2 more 3's than I would've liked to have seen.

I think Augustin played the whole 4th. Times could be changing fast. While he doesn't possess the streaky scoring ability that Jennings does, he scores enough, doesn't do as many dumb things and BJ and just looked solid out there.

KCP was awful on O and pretty good on D.

Butler looked done but I haven't seen enough to officially pronounce him dead.

JJ looked decent.

Anthony looked like a good 3rd string center but I wouldn't want to see him play more than 6-8 minutes a game on a regular basis.

Andre has to stop committing silly fouls. That would be a huge next step for him. Also, boxing out instead of trying to anticipate where the rebound is going to go would be helpful. He gave up a couple of offensive rebounds to Denver that were his to have.

I expect KCP and Andre to be better, hope Jennings will be better but like that he's easily replaced.

Tomorrow night's game is very winnable. The T-Wolves lost a close one on the road too and also have to have a night of travel, like Detroit. Their front line isn't quite as intimidating.
                Andre made some very good post moves last night, but also seemed to sometimes overthink it wen he could just go up and two hand jam over someone. He had a horrible double dribble call on a play where he could have easily scored.

It seemed like the Pistons were passing well to find open shots, they just were not hitting the open shots, especially late. Butler had a wide open look from 15 feet late in the game that clanked off. If they just hit their open shots in the 4th quarter, they easily win that game.

All in all, it was a solid game defensively. It just seems like the Pistons don't really have a guy they can go to late to take over, and KCP could not hit a shot to save his life. I think they shot something like 35% in the second half.
                1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

If Jennings gets back-up minutes he will start to whine. Or maybe he'll mature and use it as motivation. Yeah, right. Wouldn't surprise me to see him traded before the end of the season.

Comment

Randle done for the season after 1 game. Lakers are snake bit lately.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

good. Fuck the Lakers
                      "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

Even at his older age this will give Kobe the chance to chuck even more in trying to set the all-time scoring record.

Comment

Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                          Even at his older age this will give Kobe the chance to chuck even more in trying to set the all-time scoring record.
                          He's roughly 6,500 points behind Kareem with only 1 more season to go. He isn't sniffing that record.

On the flipside, he's only 75 missed shots behind John Havlicek for the NBA's all time bricklaying record.

Comment

Van Gundy is going to earn his money with this team. It's a dog's breakfast.

Josh Smith, woof.

Comment

Yep it's pretty ugly basketball right now. The team defense might be ever so slightly better, but that's the only positive I can find from the first two games.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Brandon Jennings is in for a rude awakening with Van Gundy. I'm not sure he's ever had to play with a demanding coach. He's played for a string of coaches with no power.

Comment

Working...
                                X