Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh scary

Comment

I am all for parity in the NBA. I love the college game and wish the NBA was more like that. It is annoying watching two players being fed the ball on 90% of the teams. The Spurs of today are rare, and it is unfortunate that other teams don't copy their smooth, flowing, team oriented play.
      1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

Been saying it for years...The NBA needs to structure contracts like the NFL.
        It may sound harsh and favor the owner but too damn bad.

The NBA would be a hell of lot more competitive & entertaining if these fat cats knew their job/contract was on the line.
        "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
          I am all for parity in the NBA. I love the college game and wish the NBA was more like that. It is annoying watching two players being fed the ball on 90% of the teams. The Spurs of today are rare, and it is unfortunate that other teams don't copy their smooth, flowing, team oriented play.
          Huh? most of them try to. The game isn't the iso fest of 10 years ago. It is more rare to have a team where two players are being fed the ball. Most offenses are 7 different variations of the pick and roll with corner threes. The Spurs just do it better than anyone else, nobody is in the same zip code as far as that.

The NBA game blows the extremely boring overofficiated/overcoached college game. College has the single elimination thing going for them, but the game has suffered, it plays more like a 90's NBA game than the current NBA. Its nowhere near as fun as it was 20 years ago.

Comment

My biggest wish for the NBA is that they should let teams play defense again and didn't ban and fine players for the getting a little physical. The NBA of old was so much more intense and emotional and people loved that about it.

College games at least have the intensity from the players (and coaches) that you rarely see in the NBA anymore, even in the playoffs.
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

The Over/Under Predictions thread has been posted. Jump in, make your picks and you might find yourself being a winner next April!

Comment

Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                My biggest wish for the NBA is that they should let teams play defense again and didn't ban and fine players for the getting a little physical. The NBA of old was so much more intense and emotional and people loved that about it.

College games at least have the intensity from the players (and coaches) that you rarely see in the NBA anymore, even in the playoffs.
                Yeah, for folks who were around to watch the NBA in the 80's, those were the glory days. And it was much more physical. The Bad Boys would all foul out in the 1st quarter in today's game.

Comment

Dinwiddie is going to be a nice player. Likely a steal that he fell so far in the draft due to the injury.

Comment

Yeah he supposedly looked really good in his first game action of his career. Got 8 points and 6 assists in 16 minutes (which is really great stats for 16 min).

Would be pretty fantastic if KCP and Dinwiddie turned out to be plus players to pair with Drummond.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                      Yeah, for folks who were around to watch the NBA in the 80's, those were the glory days. And it was much more physical. The Bad Boys would all foul out in the 1st quarter in today's game.
                      It was the glory days if you were one of the top 3-4 teams. People forget just how terrible the other %80 of the league was.

only 5 franchises made the NBA finals during the entire decade. Five. The majority of the NBA was stuck in perpetual ineptitude until the Lakers and Celtics finally used up their seemingly inexhaustible supply of hall of famers.

They added 2 expansion teams during Detroit's first title season, and then they added two more during their second. Biggest over-expansion in major sports history outside of the NHL.
                      Last edited by Kstat; October 24, 2014, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                        It was the glory days if you were one of the top 3-4 teams. People forget just how terrible the other %80 of the league was.

only 5 franchises made the NBA finals during the entire decade. Five. The majority of the NBA was stuck in perpetual ineptitude until the Lakers and Celtics finally used up their seemingly inexhaustible supply of hall of famers.

They added 2 expansion teams during Detroit's first title season, and then they added two more during their second. Biggest over-expansion in major sports history outside of the NHL.
                        Yeah... because a decade ruled by the Spurs and the Heat were just so much more competitive and wide-open.

Everything you whine about the 80's could just as easily be said right now. 4-5 teams have a chance in hell. The rest is a mess of also-rans. The only thing this off-season did was add the Cavaliers to the teams that have a chance and dropped Miami into the shit pile.
                        Last edited by chemiclord; October 24, 2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

There were some other good teams in the 80's. The Bucks were damn good. It's just that the Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Sixers, etc, were better. Imho the Celtics front line was the best in NBA history.

Comment

True. The top teams in the 80's would've dominated any decade and teams like the Cavs, Bucks, Blazers, Rockets & Hawks probably would've won a title in the 90's or 00's.

Comment

I just wanna rub some salt in Brook's wound here:

Laimbeer was NEVER going to happen. As I told you.

Comment

For you fellow basketball geeks without cable or satellite tv there are a couple nice 30 for 30's just added to netflix -- "Bernie and Ernie," about Bernard King and Ernie Grunfeld's special relationship, and "Survive and Advance," about the 1983 NC State team. I still wonder what Bernard might have become had he not suffered the knee injuries. He was scoring ~33/game when he went down and was unstoppable -- just ask Zeke.

Comment

Working...
                                X