Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    He's always had a seriously lined tampon, ...., but must admit, he does look very stressed indeed.
    HUH?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Ew, MM.... Yucky, dude!
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

For those of you who are not yet in the "senior" category, save these
        suggestions for when you do get there.

Seniors:

Hints on how to liven up your idle hours... To Maintain A Healthy Level Of
        Insanity

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair
        Dryer At Passing Cars...watch 'em Slow Down!

2. On all your cheque stubs, write ' ForMarijuana'!

3. Skip down the street Rather Than Walk and see how many looks you get.

4. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

5. Sing Along At The Opera.

6. When The Money Comes Out of The ATM, Scream 'I Won! I Won!'

7. When Leaving the Zoo, start Running towards the Car Park, Yelling 'Run
        For Your Lives! They're Loose!'

8. Tell Your Children over dinner: 'Due to the economy, we are going to have
        to let one of you go...

And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity:

9. PICK UP A BOX OF CONDOMS AT THE PHARMACY, GO TO THE COUNTER AND ASK
        WHERE THE FITTING ROOM IS.

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

I tell you what, I know the majority on here don't care much for soccer, but if you were watching Barcelona right now against Manchester City....., it's just absolutely beautiful. Pretty sure there would be more American soccer fans if the game was played how Barca play. Awesome.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Their will be more when the MLS has play that is closer to the top leagues and a full slate of teams. There needs to be rooting interests.

Comment

And on comes Neymar. More awesomeness

Comment

The EPL is arguably the best league in the world (due to the foreign content) and yet, at times, Barca make City look like school kids.

Comment

tiki-taka

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    tiki-taka
                    Indeed. And to be honest, being Scottish, I'm not a huge fan....., but Barca are just too damn awesome at it.

Comment

Two notes from yesterdays games.

a) Have no idea what match Kompany was talking about in his post-game, only reason Barca let them out of their own end was so they had more pitch to work with.
                      b) Ibra
                      Last edited by Fraquar; February 19, 2014, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Yip......, at least after Hibernian were hammered 6-0 by Barca a few years ago, Chris Hogg had the decency to say in his post match interview, "FUCK IT, I'M QUITTING FOOTBALL."
                        Messi made the poor lad look like a primary one school kid.

Comment

Was servicing a boiler earlier today in one of those tenements with scaffolding on the front to the right of the picture there. And that is the one of the entrances to the feckin JFW's stadium there too. Had to wash the van on the way home......., fkn mingers.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Dean.....,

What is happening with these qualifiers? Why do we always get shafted with the hard games and you get the piss easy group?

Scotlands group:
                            Germany, Republic of Ireland, Poland, Scotland, Georgia, Gibraltar

England's group:
                            England, Switzerland, Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, San Marino

Comment

The Man U nightmare continues with a 2-0 loss at Olympiakos.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Dean.....,

What is happening with these qualifiers? Why do we always get shafted with the hard games and you get the piss easy group?

Scotlands group:
                                Germany, Republic of Ireland, Poland, Scotland, Georgia, Gibraltar

England's group:
                                England, Switzerland, Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, San Marino

Didn't even know it had been drawn! That is a pretty easy group. Is this the tournament that is being played all across Europe rather than in one or a couple of countries?

At least you are guaranteed a competitive game (vs Gibraltar)
                                AAL Quintez Cephus
                                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Working...
                                X