U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    They should be competing right now. Stop with those ridiculous sandbags.
    One returning starter on offense. Second rate quarterbacks. Lloyd left the cupboard a bit bare. We'll see how good Rodriguez is as a coach with this team.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Lloyd didn't force Mallett to transfer.

The Big Ten is pretty weak this year and they say Michigan is going to have a good defense. The cupboard isn't bare, quit with the Lou Holtz sandbagging.

Comment

No one forced Mallet to transfer. He bolted when RR was named coach. He won't be missed by his teammates. I don't think you know the roster very well. If Michigan has a decent record this year it will be due to better conditioning and coaching.

Comment

I'm with you Rocky.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

They recruit well every year, this Lou Holtz sandbagging is comical. Their schedule ensures that they should at least win 8 games.

Comment

This coming from a MSU fan. "UM should be great and never have a down year. If they do have a down year I want to laugh hysterically because I'm a MSU fan. I will not allow any talk they should only be average this year so I can get my jollies."

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

DanO - Michigan has never had a real down year recruiting. Even their worst recruiting years are top 20. Their schedule is pretty weak. 8 wins should be easy for them. You guys sound like Lou Holtz pumping up Army.

Comment

No they haven't. Question is, in my mind, have they been able to recruit top 20 players who fit the RR type player. I also believe there "MAY" be a learning curve to this new type offense. I think you're downplaying this transitionary peiod. I hope you're right, and you may well be, but I'm not sitting back here expecting it like you're suggesting.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Utah W
                    Miami(OH) W
                    At ND W
                    Wisconsin W
                    Illinois W
                    Toledo W
                    at PSU L
                    MSU W
                    at Purdue W
                    at Minnesota W
                    Northwestern W
                    at OSU L

by my count that's 10-2. They might lose to MSU or Illinois, but its at home so thats pretty doubtful. So if they underachieve they might go 8-4. It would be one thing if they were playing a tough schedule, Buts its not.

Comment

What players on the current roster are we supposed to be excited about? No one on offense has proven themselves. The defense is full of guys who couldn't stop App. State, Oregon or Ohio State. It's not like they have a bunch of battle-tested, accolade-showered players returning. If they win 8 games due to their schedule, then how does that make them a good team? Are 8 wins posible? Yes. Probable? No. Either way, this should be the worst team Rodriguez coaches at Michigan.

Comment

Question is, in my mind, have they been able to recruit top 20 players who fit the RR type player.

You've been watching the Lions too long. Good coaches adjust to the talent they have.

Comment

I think they could lose to Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU and maybe even Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                            What players on the current roster are we supposed to be excited about? No one on offense has proven themselves. The defense is full of guys who couldn't stop App. State, Oregon or Ohio State. It's not like they have a bunch of battle-tested, accolade-showered players returning. If they win 8 games due to their schedule, then how does that make them a good team? Are 8 wins posible? Yes. Probable? No. Either way, this should be the worst team Rodriguez coaches at Michigan.
                            You can say that every year about college teams, the turnover is constant. Just because you haven't seen the players before doesn't mean they aren't talented.

Comment

College teams do well largely based on returning starters. What bothers me most is the O-line. That was always Michigan's strength. I sincerely doubt that Threet and Sheridan are going to go down in history with Brady and Harbaugh.

Comment

"I think they could lose to Wisconsin, Illinois, MSU and maybe even Notre Dame."
                                -----------------------I would add Utah to the list.

"You've been watching the Lions too long. Good coaches adjust to the talent they have."
                                -----------------------True but I'm not sure how flexible RR is nor do I know that he wants to adjust. He may be willing to forgo adjustment, and this years record, in hopes of a higher dividend in years to come.

GO LIONS "08" !!!!!!!!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X