No announcement yet.

Joke Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What part was funny, exactly? The part that said he was Muslim when in reality he isn't? Or the part that implied he'll be assasinated as soon as he's elected?

Guess I'm weird. I don't find ignorant, racist, murderous jokes to be funny.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

I didn't find any humor in it either, and the thought of Obama as president scares me.

Of course, so does McCain... we're FUBARed.
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
        What part was funny, exactly? The part that said he was Muslim when in reality he isn't? Or the part that implied he'll be assasinated as soon as he's elected?

Guess I'm weird. I don't find ignorant, racist, murderous jokes to be funny.
        There is no way I want this thread to turn into a politics thread but, I came across this recently which might have been a reason the "joke" was created.

In Obama's own words

This guy wants to be our President and control our government.
        Pay close attention to the last comment!! Below are a few lines from
        Obama's books ' his words:

From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father
        : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: ; 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on , to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father
        : 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

That doesn't seem funny at all Malto. Are you sure that's even supposed to be a joke?
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

It is not a joke. If you read my opening comments, I said I do not want to turn this thread into a political one. These are actual statements in books he wrote. I am only suggesting that with the information in these quotes, one might better understand why someone else would create a sick joke like the one that is being questioned.

Put me on record as being in the group that did not think the joke was funny but, I believe similar jokes have been made in the past only different candidates names used.

Comment

Man, the internet has made ignorance and racism so much easier, hasn't it?

Do any of your mindless folks reading such emails EVER stop to consider they're not quite true? Over and over in the forum, people have posted such stupid shit that normal folks would easily recognize to be quotes taken out of context or made up just to further one's own political agenda. Yet they post them here and IT MUST BE TRUE, I GOT IT IN EMAIL!!!!!

Dumbasses.

If I could copy and paste the truth about each quote above, I would, but they've disabled that feature. I doubt the ignorant will bother to read the truth as it contradicts what they want to believe. But just in the off chance that someone, somewhere might want to...

Barack Obama did not write in 2006 that "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

Perhaps you could better fulfill your stated intent of not turning the joke thread into a political thread by posting jokes in the joke thread, and political bullshit in the politics forum. Posting jokes in the joke thread, will probably keep the joke thread to be about jokes. Just a thought.

Plus it took about .18 seconds to find further explanation for this piece and show its nothing but a political smear job. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  These are actual statements in books he wrote.
                  See the link above and get back to me on how "actual" these statements really are.

Oh and how bout bookmarking Snopes.com before spreading that shit to other folks who also think everything they see online is true?
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    Man, the internet has made ignorance and racism so much easier, hasn't it?

Do any of your mindless folks reading such emails EVER stop to consider they're not quite true? Over and over in the forum, people have posted such stupid shit that normal folks would easily recognize to be quotes taken out of context or made up just to further one's own political agenda. Yet they post them here and IT MUST BE TRUE, I GOT IT IN EMAIL!!!!!

Dumbasses.

If I could copy and paste the truth about each quote above, I would, but they've disabled that feature. I doubt the ignorant will bother to read the truth as it contradicts what they want to believe. But just in the off chance that someone, somewhere might want to...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ownwords.asp
                    I do not disagree, but, are they, or are they not, quotes from his writing?
                    Taken out of context? Almost always. Accurate? That is up for you to decide.

Again, I do not want to turn this into a politics discussion but I only offered it as a possible reason for the joke, no matter how much I disliked it.

Comment

Sigh.

Why not read the page I linked to? The whole point is that they are not QUOTES from his writing.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

The whole point is that they are not QUOTES from his writing.

I know I shouldn't, but... 1,3 &4 are quotes from his books.

2 is from some article so the quote is not Obama's.

The last two have been reworded to tweek the meaning.

All are being taken out of context.

Now back to the thread topic:

What's purple and gray and flies around Toivola?
                        Batmaninen.... Probably a joke only a Yooper will get.
                        Dopeler Effect: The Tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly. - Author unknown

Comment

A guy with a toad on his forehead walks into a psychatrist's office. The Shrink asks "How did THAT happen"? The toad speaks up and points at his ass and says "It started with a wart back here"

Comment

"You know what the best thing about necrophilia is? You don't have to bring flowers. Usually, they're already there."

--George Carlin
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

I am pretty sure Obama said "I was born a poor black child."

or maybe that was Bill Clinton.... ah, I have nothing to add here..
                              The only logical explanation is:
                              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Nice pic FVD
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X