This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U of M Basketball Recruiting Discussion

We've got some good talent in Burke & Brudidge coming in but can we land some size that has talent? Jordan Morgan can't do it all by himself!
    Last edited by lineygoblue; April 3, 2015, 02:55 PM.
    <<< Just feeling the blues..

Here's a recruiting update from umhoops.com

The latest notes, quotes, stats, and video pertaining to Michigan’s current recruiting targets and commitments. Class of 2011 Larry Nance Jr. John Beilein made the trip down to Akron last night to watch Nance score 18 points and grab 12 rebounds in a 67-58 win over Buchtel (now 16-2). We questioned the level of competition […]

Comment

This mentions football recruits as well:

Wolverine Wednesday: Is Michigan Recruiting The Next Andre the Giant?

By Big House Bob (Senior Analyst) on March 2, 2011 - Ann Arbor

Michigan basketball Coach John Beilein was out to watch 7'4" 315-pound Sim Bhullar play basketball on Monday night. Michigan doesn't have a mid-week game this week, so Beilein hit the road t0 do a little recruiting for the 2011-2012 class.

Bhullar is 17 years old and already has offers from Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and West Virgina of the Big East for the 2012 class. Michigan is looking at him but hasn't offered yet. His parents live in Toronto while Bhullar and his 7'2" brother (age 15) play at Huntington Prep in West Virgina.

I watched some of his highlights and he is pretty athletic for a huge man with some touch on his jumper. He labors down the court and won't exactly lead any fast breaks. , but I was pretty impressed. Wiith some good coaching and skill development he could turn into a very nice Division I player.

Here is an article SI.com did on him this summer.

How much would you pay for a summer event (for charity of course) where HokeAMania would wrestle Sim "Andre the Giant" at the Big House? It could beat the "Big Chill" record or they could go old school at put in back at the Silverdome.

2012 Texas LB Jeremiah Tshimanga (6'3", 226 lbs) might make an unofficial visit to Michigan this weekend. His offer list right now includes; Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Baylor and Arkansas.

New walk-ons on the spring roster include: QB Steve Wilson (Jr*), RB Jihad Rasheed (Fr*), OL Joey Burzynski (Fr*), TE Mike Kwiatkowski (Jr*) and S Charlie Zeller (So*). * = redshirt
      There were reports that early enrollee Greg Brown might have been getting homesick and headed home in January. He is listed on the roster and his number is 35. I hope he decided to stick it out.
      Michigan has offered 6'9" 310 pound OL Zach Banner from Washington.

This article is also featured on The BIG HOUSE Blog

Comment

Can we 'sticky' discussions so they stay at the top?

Comment

I'm not sure, WM. Let me do some checking. I may have to direct that question to Deborah.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Would be nice, I'd like to do some stuff to the first message in the recruiting discussion.

Comment

You definitely can, but how I'm not sure

Comment

Recruiting Update:
                Mar 2, 2011 at 7:31 pm by Dylan Burkhardt Filed under: Recruits

Michigan Offers Max Bielfeldt

First reported by Greg Stewart of the Peoria Star, and confirmed by our Joe Stapleton, Michigan has offered Peoria Notre Dame big man Max Bielfeldt a scholarship. Bielfeldt has already visited Michigan unofficially and Illinois officially and wants to take an official visit to Michigan before deciding between the two schools. Bielfeldt also told Joe that Illinois wants an answer sooner than later. Look for more from us in the coming hours but here?s more from the Star:

Michigan began recruiting Bielfeldt in earnest after the holidays. Coaches from the Wolverines staff have attended a handful of Irish games, with the scholarship offer coming from Michigan head coach John Beilein last week. Bielfeldt said he had the offer from Michigan when he made an official visit to Illinois on Feb. 26. He was asked by Michigan, however, to keep it quiet until Beilein could inform other recruits they were no longer in the Michigan picture.

?Initially, Michigan wasn?t going to offer until after the season,? Bielfeldt said. ?But I guess when I got an offer from Illinois, it changed their time table.

?He told me they decided they needed a big more than they needed a guard,? Bielfeldt said of his conversation with Beilein. ?He wanted a chance to talk to the other players they were recruiting before this got out.?

Bielfeldt confirmed that this development made Illinois and Michigan the only two schools he is now considering. He didn?t give a timetable for any decision, however, saying that he still wants to make an official visit to the Ann Arbor campus before he decides.

Comment

Max Bielfeldt is taking his official visit to Michigan this week. We could use another big man.

He seems like a slightly more versatile but maybe not as athletic Jordan Morgan. Having another 6'8" 240 guy out there certainly wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Reading his comments over at Rivals, I think we have a good chance of signing him.

Comment

Thing that scares me is there's a lot of smoke saying he's closer to 6-7. I've not seen any film on him, but I don't like him playing C at that size. I hope he's got some skills to play the 4. Sounds like he can hit the 3 at least.

Comment

A lot of what I have read though have Michigan recruiting him as a 5

Comment

Here's a decent highlight video of him:

[YOUTUBE]ZtxGI8Ie3fE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

I'd take him and trust JB, but he's not a 4 in this offense.

Comment

Whoa. He set a pick at around 1:38 that Bo Schembechler would be proud of ...

Comment

Working...
                              X