Michigan @ Maryland, Saturday, 11/11/17 3:30 EST, BTN/Stream BT2GO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    .... I'm a little surprised that the spread is only 15 given how the past couple of weeks have gone. Maryland's defense was already bad before they had any QB issues. They just gave up 200 yards rushing to Rutgers.
    Taking Michigan ATS is pretty bad bet this season. 3-5 or something like that. That's driving the points right now I would think.

Froot .... your optimism regarding the lay-up for M v. the Terps is heavily influenced by your own optimism regarding MSU. It's called positive transfer or, in this case, a level of optimism held for potentially unrelated reasons that leads one to conclude positive results without the objective data to support such conclusions.

Sure, on paper, M is more talented and possesses demonstrated, objectively verifiable analytics to conclude this will be an easy win (a lay-up). The reality is that BT road games are hard - the history of upsets in the Big on the road supports that view (see osu v. Iowa at Kinnick).

Shit happens and it's why the games are played ....... it's a free throw, dude.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

No it has to do with Maryland being crappy and uncertainty at QB. Nothing to do with MSU. Shit even Hannibal is calling it a 31-10 layup and I'm not sure he is making that prediction based on positive transfer. After reading these posts I am upgrading from a layup to a Shaquille O'Neal dunk.
      Last edited by froot loops; November 7, 2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

heh ..... ok.

I'm not sure you understand the plight of the Michigan fan over the last decade or more. We have become infused with doubt and apprehension and for good reason.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

THIS IS GOING TO BE A CHOCOLATE THUNDER BACKBOARD SHATTERING FOR THE AGES

Comment

I understand your plight. If it was a traditional Big Ten road game, you would have reason to worry, but Maryland is not that. it isn't even Rutgers at night bad.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
              THIS IS GOING TO BE A CHOCOLATE THUNDER BACKBOARD SHATTERING FOR THE AGES
              Well, then, I'll sit back and enjoy it.

Comment

Good. Now, Wiz, do you have any advice for Jeff? Anything you think he should do?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Taking Michigan ATS is pretty bad bet this season. 3-5 or something like that. That's driving the points right now I would think.
                  Most of those games have been easy to predict. Michigan, for the most part, has been an easy to predict team since after Cincinnati, which is when we found out how much the offense (and especially the passing game) truly sucks ass. The spreads for the Air Force, MSU, and PSU games were pretty ridiculous.

I personally think that Maryland is easy to predict. It's hard for me to imagine us not covering the spread in this game without being at least -2 in turnovers. That's definitely a possibility, but we are a net +2 since the Sparty debacle, and +1 since Peters arrived. I agree with Froot -- it's a layup. Granted, sometimes guys biff layups, but it's rare.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; November 8, 2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Per mgoblog, Harbaugh has expressed optimism that Wheatley, Isaac, Perry, and Onwenu will all be back this weekend. Perry and Onwenu, specifically, will help tremendously.

Comment

Fancystats hate Maryland's defense -- they are ranked #88 in S&P. Their rush defense is ranked #59. By comparison, Rutgers's S&P rush defense is #66 and Minnehaha is #100. With Onwenu back and Evans on track, this should be another pretty strong rushing performance. I also feel like we're overdue for a decent game in the passing department. It's time for a DPJ breakout. He only has 12 catches.

Comment

Doom settles in when you disrespect the turtle...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

The only thing that really and truly fears the turtle is Wiz's undies. And even there, if he ever just washed them they would cease to be a living creature capable of having feelings.

Comment

I don't wear undies...just ask your wife...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

As long as you pay the commando premium that's fine.

Comment

Never pay her...she pays me bro...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X