Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan vs. FSU, Orange Bowl, 8pm, ESPN, Game Day - Post Game Discussion

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Bowel? Heh.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

That sounds about right.

Comment

This has been a great season for M football and M will most likely and deservedly go to a NY6 Bowl. There are a few scenarios, none likely, that M could end up in the CFP.

Think back to August when we got serious about talking wins and losses for the 2015 season. Most felt 10-2 was the goal, 11-1 the realistic season although 8-4 and 12-0 was offered by those on the margins.

So here we are, the regular season ended and M went 1-1 v. its biggest rivals, MSU and osu, stumbling at Iowa (the one place I thought M would lose one of their games) and losing a close one to osu in c-bus (the other game I thought M would lose). M football got to wear I thought it would get and I'm sure others are in that camp too.

Notably M can know that under HARBAUGH!!! they are capable of playing and winning with anyone. That's not going to change. I'm not in the camp that, given this loss to osu, M is relegated to second fiddle in the BT. It's one game, shit happens (and it did), the next season will have a different feel to it than this one, the next game will be different and the next and so on but one thing is certain, M will win ........

I don't think there is a single team that M will play in a NY6 Bowel that M can't beat. Not one. This post season other teams and fans will be looking for ways to avoid the best 10-2 team in CFB and probably the best team in CFB left out of the CFP. It won't be our team either missing a bowel or having it's fans looking to get a better (easier) match-up. Michigan football is back.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Fixed .... Heh.

Comment

You are way more optimistic than me Jeff. Setting aside preseason predictions, UM was 9-0 going to Iowa, and controlled its destiny regarding the BT title game and CFP. UM made mistakes and cost themselves the above and cost themselves a victory against OSU. So I don't take much solace in being a tough 2 loss team.

As for next season, I'm not optimistic. Lots of starters to replace and a tough schedule.

Comment

I expected 11-1. This is bullshit.

Comment

Probably play Colorado and beat them easily

Comment

Sounds like fsu in the Orange
                  Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                    I expected 11-1. This is bullshit.
                    ....... expected 11-1, didn't get it and that you didn't is bullshit?

I know you're pissed about the osu loss as many here are but this is a little over the top, don't you think?

2 years ago, M was struggling to get bowl eligible. We have fans here from other programs who attest to the fact that this is a top 4 football team.

We can't do anything about the loss to osu, nor, IMO, talk further about The Game beyond what has already been said about it.

What we can do productively, sharing rational view points, is talk about what is going to happen going forward.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 27, 2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Methinks hack was being sarcastic.

Either that or was channeling his inner Hannibal.
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Ok Jeff. So what are your views about what is going to happen with UM football going forward?

Comment

Hannibal is spot-on when he says "if not now, when?"

Comment

Championships are hard to win.

I think being in the hunt for a conference championship and a birth in the playoff is really all that you can hope for. It that is the case every year, you are a very successful program, IMO..

So really, now happened this year. We'll see if M can sustain it.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Needed to beat OSU this year. I'm not blaming Harbaugh or expecting him to be perfect or looking for any scapegoats. There are none of be found in Ann Arbor, an the future is very bright. I'm just sick of this. How many ways do we have to lose to them before this changes?

Comment

Working...
                              X