Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its tebow time!

Comment

Lin is injured, I think. I know he didn't play in the Knicks last game.

Comment

He's pretty much done for the year

The New York Knicks announced before the Cleveland Cavaliers game Saturday night that starting point guard Jeremy Lin will be out approximately six weeks with a small chronic meniscus tear in his left knee, based on the results of an MRI.

Comment

Manny had a nice game last night, starting versus the Knicks. He led the team 19 points (50% FG), 12 rebounds, 2 assists a block and a steal as the Cavs pulled off the upset.

Comment

Juwan is only seven wins away from a ring!

After Wade's troubles early in the Indy series, he seems to have proven that he can be the reliable #2 guy that Miami needs. They need a #3 guy too but two is a start.

LeBron has been phenomenal thus far in the post-season.

Comment

I can handle the LeBron love, but the Wade hate is ridiculous. One of those two carried his team to a ring and has nothing to prove.

Comment

Indy excellent defensively, Wade struggling a bit isn't too much a cause for concern for them.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                  I can handle the LeBron love, but the Wade hate is ridiculous. One of those two carried his team to a ring and has nothing to prove.
                  He may have led his team but Shaq was the one that freed everything up for him. I've never seen any one player "carry" a team to a title.

If we want to talk weighted accomplishments, LeBron even leading his Cavs team to the Finals in 2008 was a tougher task.

I also don't understand how pointing out his struggles in the early part of the Indy series qualifies as "hate". 2-13 and yelling at your coach just isn't what's expected of him. I don't hate him. I just don't give him a free pass.
                  Last edited by *JD*; May 30, 2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

It looks like the spurs are in the best shape, though. Playing great ball. Having great depth. Not having anyone hurt and missing playoff games. They have a proven coach as well and HCA.

Comment

Go Spurs!

Although, I agree with JD -- LBJ has been ridiculously good, but that shouldn't surprise anyone. The real surprise should have been is Finals performance last season. Otherwise, he's been really good in the playoffs (in series in which he didn't quit).

That said....GO SPURS!
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

If we want to talk weighted accomplishments, LeBron even leading his Cavs team to the Finals in 2008 was a tougher task.

Possibly agree, but you mean 07? Either way, you say Wade ``seems to have proven that he can be the reliable #2 guy that Miami needs''. Look, he's Dwyane Wade for chrissakes. He's a max player and he's got a ring and when he got it, like the vast majority franchise players, he was the one taking and making the tough shots at least four games out of seven. Jordan's accomplishments aren't nullified because he had Pippen and Wade's shouldn't be because he had the tail end of Shaq's all-star period. And yet you're suggesting it wasn't even clear whether he is a reliable #2? Maybe you're not a hater, but you can't be shocked if the notion comes up after that sort of exaggeration of the situation...

Comment

Yes, '07. My bad.

I'm not nullifying his accomplishment by saying he didn't "Carry" his team. Comparing even a tail end of his prime Shaq to Pippen, in terms of the defensive attention they got seems funny to me.

A player in his prime that is used to being The Man could have had a tough time readjusting to being the 2nd guy, like he somewhat was with Shaq. Maybe 1 and 1a is a for comfortable way to look at it.
                          He struggled in those early Indy games and,throughout the early playoffs, he was showing a testiness that he hadn't shown before.

That time of doubt is where I was coming from.

Why he's struggling now- I'm not sure. I thought he'd have an easier time with Boston, like he did last year. Maybe it's just his knee flaring up again. I'd drain that sucker one more time.
                          Last edited by *JD*; June 4, 2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I see what you mean. Agreed -- Wade's in a difficult spot here. There has to be at least a small part of him that thinks he can do a better job taking the big shots, and he's got history on his side to back those thoughts. My opinion is that the Heat won't succeed before it becomes clear which of them is the first option to close out games, and I would have thought that Wade would have emerged in this spot with LeBron becoming the best do-everything facilitator type in the history of the game. What has happened doesn't make a ton of sense. If LeBron didn't want the pressure of taking every big shot in Cleveland, why did he trade that for taking every big shot but leaving himself open to second guessing because there's a guy on the team that does it just as well as he does?

Either way, it's very interesting to watch these guys adjust to each other.

Comment

You're assuming that he didn't want that role in Cleveland. I still don't think he ran away from Cleveland. He walked away.

Comment

I heard an interview with Mike Brown yesterday on the Dan Patrick show where Patrick asked him who he would want to take the last shot of the game, Durant or LeBron.

He said if it was the last shot, he'd want Durant but if it was the last play, he'd want the ball in LeBron's hands because he would always look to make the right play, whether that was to take the shot or find the open man. That makes sense to me.

Patrick then said that he thinks LeBron is very underrated because a lot of fans only look for scoring.
                                Last edited by *JD*; June 19, 2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X