No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That might be true, a lot if unknowns. It was weird how they cleared the land swap like two weeks before they made the sudden reversal. Maybe the Atlanta expansion team made the need for soccer specific stadiums less of a hurdle.

The Columbus scenario is really bad for that league.

Comment

• It became clear that the Gratiot site was at least another decade away from being developed because the County has no problem burning a million a month to let it sit there so they can guarantee they get the proper value at sale for the taxpayers.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Mark they have agreed to do the land swap and Gilbert is going to build the jail. It was agreed to in early October and they made the Ford Field announcement a week later. But for all intents and purposes, Gilbert is developing the Gratiot site and the new jail is going elsewhere.

Comment

• Liverpool got Sammed yesterday.

The reports of Manchester brawl cracked me up yesterday.

Comment

• Great game yesterday as Liverpool busted up Man City with 4 goals and then held on for a 4-3 victory to give City it's first loss of the season.

Comment

• That undefeated season of Arsenal may last a long time. Much deeper top 8 teams in the league now than when Arsenal pulled that off.

Comment

• OMG!

Tuned in at 1 to watch the Daytona 500 to listen to a bunch of talking heads 50 minutes later, they bring on a band.

Lost me! Going looking for a movie that has guys getting pedicures.

Comment

• Went to Barcelona last week, bit wary of being a "tourist" fan, but it was good. I booked seats near the front behind the goal in the North Stand (€55 each about $68 each) when we got there we were right behind the "Ultras", a couple came to the empty seats next to my Mrs, a bit worse for wear but very nice to her!) My son enjoyed it although it was 0-0. I don't really watch much soccer now but my son must be from a new X-box generation who don't watch much but seem to know all about players etc. He could tell me loads about players. They had a centre back making his debut (Yerry Mina), he knew about him. Pretty dull game though, Getafe seemed content to sit back, think one of their players was booked for time wasting ten minutes into the second half! If they play that bad Londonlion, Chelsea should win. Still if any of you are ever there, it's worth going to. Plenty of tickets spare. Anyway here's some pictures:-

Last edited by DeanUK; February 18, 2018, 05:02 PM.
                  AAL Quintez Cephus
                  If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Nice pics Dean!

Comment

• Very cool, Dean!

Comment

• Very nice Dean.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Sucks that it was a dull game, but the atmosphere at Camp Nou is well worth it imo. Glad you all had a nice time!

Comment

• This is such a great song.

[ame]https://youtu.be/bMRj84ryTxU[/ame]
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Holy shit, I?m getting old. Think I knew every player in that video. :shock:

70s/80s Liverpool were just the absolute dugs baws man. What a team.

And an excellent song. You?ll like ?Up there Cazaly?, the Aussie Rules song. It?s great.
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X