Michigan @ Maryland, Saturday, 11/11/17 3:30 EST, BTN/Stream BT2GO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
    Maryland is basically the greatest offensive football team ever. What a scheme. We just can’t stop it.
    Do you think that the score might be a little bit different if Maryland wasn't down to their fourth QB?

What do you think we would like like with Alex Malzone playing against a nationally ranked defense? Do you think that we would get a single first down?

Comment

• Too many penalties for M in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Do you think that the score might be a little bit different if Maryland wasn't down to their fourth QB?

What do you think we would like like with Alex Malzone playing against a nationally ranked defense?
        As opposed to the #3 QB we have right now?

I don’t really care. I stopped believing in empty yardage around the time I stopped believing in Santa Claus.

We get it. You wish we still had RichRod. The rest of us have passed into adulthood.

This game was decided over an hour ago. On to Wisconsin.

Comment

I wish we ran a creative spread offense that gained chunk yards. Why can’t we get a guy like that coach at Arizona? Just imagine what he could do at U-M...
          Somebody should tell Kstat that the offense and defense are different units coached by different people.

You must be one of those guys who thinks that Don Brown's defense tremendously from being put back out onto the field after three-and-outs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            Somebody should tell Kstat that the offense and defense are different units coached by different people.
            Someone should tell you that they’re linked and offsense and defense are part of a singular game plan.

This is real football, not whatever video game you think they’re playing.

Comment

• Did RR get big chunk plays much in half his time here.

Comment

Someone should tell you that they?re linked and offsense and defense are part of a singular game plan.
                And to think that I was just being sarcastic when I said that Don Brown's defense benefits from our three-and-outs.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
                  Did RR get big chunk plays much in half his time here.
                  He got lots of them. And lots of 3 and outs. And lots of big negative plays. And lots of turnovers. And his defense was constantly submarined by terrible field position.

Comment

• Good win. Covered the spread.

Peters seems like he has gained some confidence from his last post game interview.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Good win? Covered the spread? Haven’t you been paying attention? They nearly lost!

Comment

• As an OSU fan, I like the HARBAUGHfense.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Good win? Covered the spread? Haven’t you been paying attention? They nearly lost!
                          Ugh, if only Nordin didn’t miss that kick. That almost cost M the game...

Very pleased though.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Strange game. M worked DJ's defense in spurts then DJ worked Brown's to the tune of 200+ yards in the 2nd. The 25 point lead looked in jeopardy during the period where M's D was flailing and the Terps scored a TD. Add to that that M did not score in the 3rd, had something like 21 yards of offense

Fox CFB productions spend way too much time on close shots of players and coaches on the sidelines, misses sets and has replays that never look at the whole field. So, I can't tell what defense Brown dialed up during the period that it looked like it was flailing. My guess is that they backed off press-man and played some type of zone.

Maryland ate this alive with a short passing game but more rushing through gaps that looked like run fit misses. Were Ss dropping to keep stuff in front of them? No way to tell. Maryland tried to dial up the long ball and if Brand was a better passer deep, I'm not convinced this would not have been a squeaker. The bottom line for Maryland's O is that they got some big plays pretty much like analytics said they would against M's D and were stifled most of the time where it counted (inside M's 50 and the RZ the few time Maryland got there).

Seems like M woke up and responded to the Maryland score to drive the field and score in the 4th and then end the game inside the Maryland 15 taking a knee.

It's a win. Not really sure how to judge this until I get to see some video/UFRs. It wasn't a great win, Bob, over a team decimated by injuries and now with a lack of talent. At full strength, Durkin is going to get this team to be a player in the East. Decent scheme on offense, some talent there, gritty defense.

Not feeling good about M's run game v. Wisconsin. I don't think Peters demonstrated enough in this game to back Wisky's Ss out on the regular. He was 9/18, 145, 2TDs. Still, OCs did have him spread his wings a bit so, can't complain too loudly. He didn't do anything bad. He didn't do anything really good either. Defenses repeatedly get too much benefit without much risk by aggressive play up front and with LBs and Ss v. M.

I've not seen Wisconsin's sideline to sideline speed on D but I was not impressed by M's capacity to get to the edge and win those battles v. Maryland. That should concern because it's the inside outside run game with a decent passing threat that develops an offensive rhythm. Parts are there but there is too much inconsistency.

Nordin bothers me. He's going to have to be reliable in the last two games. He's probably a bit down and not kicking with confidence. Like I said, kickers are weird. There is no way to know if he's a solid asset in a close game. The rest of STs seem ok.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 11, 2017, 08:06 PM.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Ace of mgoblue thinks Harbaugh and Brown backed off keeping offensive and defensive plays and/or schemes in the lock box v. Maryland saving them for Wisconsin and osu.

I don't buy that.

It might explain why M's offense, saving maybe one or two drives early, looked mostly like a Frankenstein movie picturing that big lug struggling his way back into the castle before he gets caught by townsfolk carrying torches and pitchforks.

Hill was concussed per JH's post game comments. Higdon, Long and Gary who all exited the game at one point or another got a "we'll see" comment from Harbaugh. No surprise there.

Right now, on offense Onwenu, Isaac, now Higdon appear to be dinged up. On defense, it would hurt to have Hill and Long not at 100%. If Hill is concussed. Not likely he'll play. Gary playing hurt is not good. That's how the season usually goes. It's hard to keep everyone healthy.

Next man up.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Against Wisky it's much more a concern to lose a DL than a corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X