No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Russia is financially supporting North Korea in place of Chinese sanctions.

Donald J. Putin is remarkably quiet.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Geez, he's attacking the Mayor of London even harder now. Doubling down again. Really ranting this morning too. Apparently that time he could be using on working on nominees is spent watching cable news instead

Comment

• Chump also wants to privatize the air traffic control system. Would probably work out as well as privatizing prisons, only with more fatalities.

ABC reports:

The general aviation community is gravely concerned about their place in the nation's airspace under an air traffic control system where big airlines hold the most power. The proposed non-profit corporation would be controlled by 13 board members; the number of pre-determined seats belonging to major airlines is double that of the general aviation community, which represents 26 times more aircraft than commercial carriers, according to the FAA.

Opponents of the plan, including private pilots and small airports, are also concerned that high user fees will create an industry dominated by large airlines that can afford such costs, leaving small businesses and towns behind.

The major domestic carriers all support the privatization plan, with the notable exception of Delta Air Lines. Delta released a study in 2016 indicating such a move could increase traveler costs by 20 to 29 percent.

“Proponents have claimed that privatization would lead to cost savings for consumers,” the study stated. “But no evidence has yet been produced to show that privatization would reduce costs. In fact, nations that have privatized ATC have seen operational costs increase at a much higher rate than has been seen in the U.S. under the FAA.”
        Last edited by Ghengis Jon; June 5, 2017, 07:19 PM.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I found this interesting. WHO chart of comparative pollution in the world's countries.

Comment

• Geez, he's attacking the Mayor of London even harder now. Doubling down again. Really ranting this morning too. Apparently that time he could be using on working on nominees is spent watching cable news instead
            I don't follow him, so I'll take your word for it. It is a mystery to me why, if he is bitching about the Dems not approving nominees, he doesn't just do recess appointments. Lord knows there are enough recesses.

Comment

• He is your boy, you should follow him.

To restate, the Dems have nothing to do with his lack of appointments, there is no filibuster, they can confirm the proverbial ham sandwich. They aren't nominating anyone, it his fault and his fault alone.

Comment

• I'm starting to wonder if he wants the Dems to take the house next year so he can just spend the last 2 years of his term blaming them and going to rallies to stroke his ego. Though, that would actually mean having some semblance of a "plan", which is just way too much of an assumption.

Comment

• You know, that actually makes sense. IMHO, it would be better for the Dems to take the Senate as opposed to the House, just for confirmations that are not forthcoming. Let Ryan wallow around with his precious Freedom Caucus. A Dem controlled Senate certainly doesn't guarantee consistent sanity, but at least it would block the lockstep idiocy put forth by the Trumpanzees. One of the legislative houses needs to flip to prevent America's rapid descent into becoming a banana republic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    I don't follow him, so I'll take your word for it. It is a mystery to me why, if he is bitching about the Dems not approving nominees, he doesn't just do recess appointments. Lord knows there are enough recesses.
                    He has control of the Senate, he doesn't need to do recess appointments. He's not getting jobs filled because he's not formally nominating anyone. Look at the WP's tally count i posted earlier.

The UK Ambassador is one example; the job's being done by an interim Obama appointee right now. Trump has yet to even nominate a replacement. That's got nothing to do with the Dems. Over half the people he's put forward have been approved. But he has yet to even nominate anyone for over 80% of the total spots it's HIS responsibility to fill.

But that's genuinely not 100% his fault. Like I said, the number of people wanting to join this circus is probably shrinking.

Comment

• This is Kellyanne Conway's husband (!)

[ame]https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/871746245630590980[/ame]

Comment

• Attacks on Sadiq Khan are pretty astonishing.

Comment

• This kind of thing isn't getting enough press. I think the moderate Arab world, most Muslims in general, are about done with IS and their butchery. Very encouraging:

By dramatizing the hardships and brutality of life under ISIS, the producers of 'Black Crows' hope to sway viewers' opinions about the jihadists.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I'm wondering if today's multi-Arab state shutting down relationships with Qatar for their tolerance of Islamic Extremism is real. I've never thought of Qatar as a state supporting this; it's been the Saudis in my mind's eye along with other states having weak central government and security (Yemen, e.g.,) ......

..... which probably shows we may not know very much about this part of the world and it's politics.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• whatever the reasons, its not really for their support for extremists.

Comment

• It's more because Qatar has been open to working with nearly anyone: Iran, Muslim Brotherhood, democracy activists, etc. etc. Egypt and the Saudis want to bring them in line.

Comment

Working...
                                X