Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The link says it all

Comment

• "So there are lots of them (unethical behaviors on the part of DJT), but I can't find any, or think of any from my own mind."

So, you're dismissing lists of questionable unethical behaviors on the part of DJT that can be found in a google search identified by other observers and then saying you can't think of any from your own mind?

The reality here, Geezer, is that it appears we have different world views and different ways of interpreting what is real for us and what isn't. Moreover, you shouldn't be shocked when I say that your assertion that I hold a "hard-left bias" is off base.

Most folks usually have a problem with others that try to shoehorn one's political views into neat categories when all they have to go on is a dozen posts or so pertaining to current events on a football forum. I count myself in that group.

We're done here.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Trump Admin is defying a court order in refusing to turn over the 'Giuliani Memo' which reportedly discussed how a travel ban that targeted Muslims could be made legal.

Comment

• Well, Jeff, what I was really calling out is your parroting of the prog line relating to Trump's ethics, and then, in your original post, you go on to say "... No, that does not mean I can't choose my reading materials carefully with a goal of finding balance." I'm simply questioning your use of the word "balance", and I began by asking you for some evidence to support a really unbalanced statement (evidence which you cannot find). I believe that "balance" to you is really something between the beliefs of Diane Feinstein and Maxine Watters.

So I'm asking you, as our moderator, to be mindful of your bias. That's all.
          Last edited by Da Geezer; May 21, 2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• What did you fellows think of Trump's speech in SA? With this new Center they are establishing, it seems SA is going to flip and start counteracting the Wahabbi view of Islam that they, themselves, originally supported.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              What did you fellows think of Trump's speech in SA? With this new Center they are establishing, it seems SA is going to flip and start counteracting the Wahabbi view of Islam that they, themselves, originally supported.
              The speech could've been given, for the most part, by Obama or Clinton. It was a far cry from how he described Islam during the campaign. Instead he adopted 'liberal' terminology about 'extremism' being the great evil and not Islam itself. From what I can tell, his Alt Right supporters are not happy.

He said Saudi Arabia is ripping off America and should pay more for us to defend them during the campaign. Now he's pressuring US defense contractors to give the Saudis a 'better deal'. He bashed the Clinton Foundation for taking Saudi money. Yet the Saudis giving $100M to Ivanka Trump's 'Women Entrepreneurs Fund" pet project is perfectly hunky-dory.

As for Saudi Arabia fighting Wahabism...sure they will.

The Saudis are probably genuinely thrilled with Trump, whatever his thoughts on Islam. He's itching to go to war with Iran, who the Saudis hate, and he's not going to give them any human rights lectures in the way Obama would. And he's easily flattered and impressed by shows of wealth that the Saudis have in abundance.

Steve Bannon looked like he wanted to die in the pictures I've seen, lol

Comment

• The Saudis are experts at lying through their teeth .... to them, it's not really lying. It's a manner of speaking. Rarely are Middle Easterners straight forward. Negotiating with them, I am told, is like building foundations with lose sand, and they have plenty of that.

The last thing the Royals want is a US president stirring the pot with Saudi women and young Saudi men like BO did and the Clintons did and would have done had HC been elected President. IOW, they love Trump. He is definitely malleable and will bend to suit them.

I read an article last week that said 60% of Saudis were under 35. The current King is 80. His Princes are calming those wanting more rights for women and something other than an oil economy by saying all the right things while meanwhile their #1 priority is sustaining the Royal Kingdom and the staggering wealth they hold.

One more thing about King Salman, Head of the House of Saud and the Saudi's. Like Putin and the Russians, they prefer a certain amount of international tension. It serves their purpose and the Wahabis, like Bin Laden was delivering it, are more than capable of still delivering it.

So, no ..... Trump is not going to lean on them. No way. He might negotiate a hotel deal, take a boat ride, play some golf. Get tough with them? Demand they pay more for the US to defend their sand box? Not a chance.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• The Iran talk was just a huge win for Saudi. Him praising all the GCC states for counter-terrorism efforts is just grossly inaccurate, too. He just gave the Gulfies everything they could have wanted and more in that speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    What did you fellows think of Trump's speech in SA? With this new Center they are establishing, it seems SA is going to flip and start counteracting the Wahabbi view of Islam that they, themselves, originally supported.
                    LOL. The clerics/religion is what allows the royalty to rule. They are not going to do anything to upset that balance.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The fact that Geez is all eager to hear opinions on his boy's speech, after he stayed on message for 5 minutes and didn't shit all over himself, is where we're at here.

Comment

• Just read some transcripts of the Trump remarks that were made before the Arab Islamic American Summit in Riyadh.

Here's NPR's Mara Liasson's comments about it:

So, I think that once again, you've seen the Nationalist, anti-globalists in the White House lose out ....... And I think he's back in the mainstream, certainly rhetorically, in the way he's approaching the Muslim region. Now, what will his base think (Geezer?)

It's very possible we're so tribal in our politics right now they won't care. Anything he does is fine. On the other hand, it is a pretty glaring change from what he's been saying for years and years.

My take is that Trump's behavior, at times, indicates he is listening to some of the people at State, NSC and maybe around him in the WH who are capable of giving good advice. His unpredictability though, his capacity to rage, is no less dangerous than when he first assumed the Presidency.

Comment

• Trump's bow to the King was tremendous, I am sure Fox News will highlight that bow.

Comment

• Population of Metro Areas in Ohio/Michigan w Change since 2010 (2016 Est.)

1. Detroit-Warren-Dearborn (4,297,617) +0.3%
                            2. Cincinnati-Covington (2,165,139) +2.39%
                            3. Cleveland-Elyria (2,055,612) -1.04%
                            4. Columbus (2,041,520) +7.34%
                            5. Grand Rapids-Wyoming (1,047,099) +5.88%
                            6. Dayton (800,683) +0.18%
                            7. Akron (702,221) -0.14%
                            8. Toledo (605,221) -0.78%
                            9. Youngstown-Warren (544,746) -3.72%
                            10. Lansing (475,099) +2.38%
                            11. Flint (408,615) -4.03%
                            12. Canton-Massillon (401,281) -0.78%
                            13. Ann Arbor (364,709) +5.78%
                            14. Kalamazoo (336,877) +3.15%
                            15. Saginaw (192,326) -3.92%
                            16. Muskegon (173,408] +0.71%
                            17. Jackson (158,460) -1.12%
                            18. Niles-Benton harbor (154,010) -1.79%
                            19. Monroe (149,208] -1.85%
                            20. Springfield (134,786) -2.56%

Comment

• LOW ENERGY! SAD!

[ame]https://twitter.com/jeffzeleny/status/866381058073399296[/ame]

Comment

• He's old as fuck and fat as fuck. Like everything else, no surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X