No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about releasing his taxes? What happened to that drumbeat?
    Here is the financial disclosure form Trump filed. The first few pages are the positions he holds outside of government. About 500 of them not including "trustee".

Please look the thing over and tell me that he has not been "transparent". And look at the questions. To me, it is clear that this form is designed for candidates that have been sucking on the public tit most of their lives. The implicit assumptions in the form speak for themselves. This is ACELA thinking, and it leads its proponents to believe anyone running for any office who spent a career in business is buying influence for himself.

I'd encourage everyone to read SLF's post in support of his claim that Trump is guilty of "casual lying and racism" on an almost daily basis. On the heels of a 400 point drop in the Dow last Friday, what Trump did discuss was the Fed's mismanagement of the money supply. Again he was issue-oriented and detail heavy. The only possible objection could be calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas, which is shorthand for his critique of her affirmative action fraud in claiming she had Native American heritage. It is typical of the left to yelp "racism" when one of their own is shown to be an avaricious hypocrite.
    Last edited by Da Geezer; September 12, 2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• .@realDonaldTrump: "You cannot run for president if you have such contempt in your heart for the American voter."

------------
      ummm..
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It sure looks like the right-wing media and the traditional media are just pounding away at old stuff. The right has its emails; the left has the continuing effort of Trump to kill multiculturalism. One's been thoroughly investigated by Congress as a way to railroad Hillary, and for the other, well, if we ever get to a point where it's just not news that a presidential candidate is behaviing abhorrently, well that's sad. But this is where we are. We all know Trump plays by different rules and isn't going to change, and it's unfortunate. One thing for sure is that we get the media we deserve. I would encourage everyone to patronize media that rely on people paying for the content, rather than advertisers. Those are few/far between however, and you don't necessarily escape the spin. You do get better, less extreme, and more reasoned spin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
          Please look the thing over and tell me that he has not been "transparent".
          Right. This is the standard document that everyone files, but presidential candidates have also released at least a year of income taxes since the Ford/Carter election cycle. So if the state of disclosure doesn't change, this would be the least transparent candidate since then.

My point in bringing it up is that this is what the media should be asking about. I know he's playing a racist on TV, but there are other things media should be following up on, and plenty of people who have a reasoned argument that the racism is a distraction from this.

Comment

• There were new articles. I thought you were making a distinction between new news (trump is a racist bigot being old news and not worth further reporting) and actual new news. If releasing new emails is a new data point to add (a position Im comfortable with) then so is it new data points when Trump lies or says racist things.

Talent, what story are you referring to? I'm pretty sure the Clinton Foundation long ago made the decision to publish its donations and donor list. Something the Trump Foundation and others have never done.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Again, the two worst candidates ever

Comment

• Talent, what story are you referring to? I'm pretty sure the Clinton Foundation long ago made the decision to publish its donations and donor list. Something the Trump Foundation and others have never done.
                The emails showed access to the Secretary of State.

I'm dubious of the whole "email" thing, but the recent stuff was "new".
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  It sure looks like the right-wing media and the traditional media are just pounding away at old stuff. The right has its emails; the left has the continuing effort of Trump to kill multiculturalism. One's been thoroughly investigated by Congress as a way to railroad Hillary, and for the other, well, if we ever get to a point where it's just not news that a presidential candidate is behaviing abhorrently, well that's sad. But this is where we are. We all know Trump plays by different rules and isn't going to change, and it's unfortunate. One thing for sure is that we get the media we deserve. I would encourage everyone to patronize media that rely on people paying for the content, rather than advertisers. Those are few/far between however, and you don't necessarily escape the spin. You do get better, less extreme, and more reasoned spin.
                  This seems correct to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    The emails showed access to the Secretary of State.

I'm dubious of the whole "email" thing, but the recent stuff was "new".
                    Was it the email showing that someone at the Clinton Foundation asked for a diplomatic pass for someone going to North Korea with President Clinton on a diplomatic mission? And that the request was denied?

Comment

• What a depressing election! On one side we have an idiot egomaniacal narcissist who knows nothing about the world we live in and on the other a power hungry war monger who will take orders from Netanyahu on ME affairs and who is just as big a liar as Trump but usually more subtle about it. Should I hold my nose and vote for Hillary as the lesser of two evils or just stay home?

The only hope for the future is to get the money out of political elections so candidates can't be bought. We the people have very little say over these issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Again, the two worst candidates ever

agree

Comment

• hod.. I'm voting for a third party or someone else. I believe at more core that unless a large % of people start voting for something besides the lesser of 2 evils, nothing will change. Our future will be more of the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                            Here is the financial disclosure form Trump filed. The first few pages are the positions he holds outside of government. About 500 of them not including "trustee".

Please look the thing over and tell me that he has not been "transparent". And look at the questions. To me, it is clear that this form is designed for candidates that have been sucking on the public tit most of their lives. The implicit assumptions in the form speak for themselves. This is ACELA thinking, and it leads its proponents to believe anyone running for any office who spent a career in business is buying influence for himself.

I'd encourage everyone to read SLF's post in support of his claim that Trump is guilty of "casual lying and racism" on an almost daily basis. On the heels of a 400 point drop in the Dow last Friday, what Trump did discuss was the Fed's mismanagement of the money supply. Again he was issue-oriented and detail heavy. The only possible objection could be calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas, which is shorthand for his critique of her affirmative action fraud in claiming she had Native American heritage. It is typical of the left to yelp "racism" when one of their own is shown to be an avaricious hypocrite.
                            He can absolutely criticize her if he think she is a liar. Of course he is the biggest liar, really great liar, believe me. But referring to someone as a cartoonish characture of a race or national origin of a people is racist. Much like calling someone "Ching Chong". It is racist.

And he claimed that he holds no stock. This is contrary to his prior financial statements. (Which is a lie in case you were wondering.)

His attempts to undermine the Feds is just misguided and ill informed. It's stupid and shows his depth of understanding of things, but is probably not a lie nor racist.

Comment

• I'm done with the back and forth, SLF. I mean, it's pretty straight-forward. New emails have been released on, I believe, two separate occasions in the past month. The press has read them and reported on them. You can google "clinton emails" if you're oblivious to the facts. But I know you're not, which makes this whole song and dance stupid.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• With Ohio always as close as it is, I have to hold my nose and vote Clinton, but if I lived somewhere like NY or Idaho, I wouldn't bother.

Comment

Working...
                                X