Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still follow recruiting but lost any interest in relaying info here when a couple members took issue with messages in this thread.

Comment

• Buchanan is an insufferable ass. Ignore his cantankerous, ceaseless complaints and goodoldayism buried amidst his wall of words that make Henry James seem terse.

Buchanan:

Hi!

Alright -- so, Gabe Newburg is aboard. He probably has some nice upside. As I understand it, he played light last year, didn't wrestle over the winter and has bulked up from 200 to 230. Though OSU didn't offer, he was definitely on their radar. That said, I think it was clear from the get go that as soon as M offered it was over.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Phil Spector's Wall of Sound
        Jeff Buchanan's Wall of Words

Comment

• I actually watched a very cool PBS broadcast about music production and the advent of the 4, 8, 12, 24 and more track mixing in the 50s and more so in the 70's onward. I was shocked to learn that Less Paul and Mary Ford were the first to use overlays they were called at the time but it was the first mixing done using tape. That was in 1954!

Phil Spector's music career from his early signing days with his band, the Teddy Bears, to his music production days was covered in this piece. He is considered the master of music mixing and his productions were noted for his "Wall of Music" and the rich musical tones he introduced with 24 track productions although others have followed. It was a fascinating documentary and from his bio ......

The Teddy Bears, it turns out, were something of a short-lived venture for Spector, who became a renowned music producer famous for his 1960s’ “wall-of-sound” rock ‘n roll creations — songs he powered with lush studio instrumentation for famous acts such as the Ronettes, the Crystals, Ben E. King, Tina Turner, the Righteous Brothers and others. In later life Spector also produced for the Beatles. Phil Spector the person, however, is quite another story, whose private life has been widely written about elsewhere. In 2009, after two trials, he was convicted of second-degree murder of Lana Clarkson, a struggling 40-year-old actress, and is presently serving a sentence of 19 years to life.

So, I'll take the comparison of my wall of words to Spector's wall of music. Both rich with sound and meaning. Thanks ...... but I'm not a murderer.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Less talk about music. More talk about 3* recruits from Ohio that OSU didn't offer.

Comment

• ...... but, but, Gabe Newburg "was on osu's radar."
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Staff still reluctant to move more on Dobbs? Odds of flipping Logan Brown? Losing in state talent seems like a huge no no.
                Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Harbaugh just picked up another stud 2* offensive linemen from Connecticut.

Move over, Nolan Ulizio!

Comment

• Certainly Ed Warriner is out to sabotage us, seeing that he has coached at both MSU and OSU, not to mention his son being on the current MSU football roster.

/s

I'll give Stewart a bit more credit. He's a 3* on another recruiting service and has a good frame and quick feet for a big guy. A redshirt and a couple years at the training table and weight room and then let's see what emerges.

Comment

• He's a lower-mid 3*. Ratings-wise, he's very comparable to Spanellis, Runyan and Ulizio.

As an aside, I have no doubt Warriner can coach him up, but Warriner was never a good recruiter at OSU -- or at least as compared to the rest of the staff. So, he tends to look more for his type of players. To that end, Stewart's rating is nearly the same as Elflein's.

The kids most reminds of the 2015 class where Warriner took 3 mid-3* kids that were all really tall. Good frames and such. 2 were total busts and one (Branden Bowen) started last year before getting injured. But, if you look at the OL recruiting under Warriner at OSU, it's sketchy and if he couldn't coach, it would have been a disaster.

In that regard, when he left, OSU's OL was just not very good (2016). Studrawa is probably not the coach Warriner is. Studrawa working with Warriner-level talent wasn't good. But, Studrawa is a better recruiter. The talent coming in at OL is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

• Thanks for that -- helpful perspective.

Comment

• 7 5* recruits were picked in the first round last night or 22%. 5* recruits typically number about 25-30 per recruiting class. With 64 "power conference" schools taking 20-25 kids per class -- let's say 23 -- that's 1472 recruits. So, 5* make up roughly 2% of the the power conference recruits and 1% of total recruits.

#stargazers

Comment

• Name from the past: Da'Shawn Hand just selected by the Lions in the 4th round.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• It's going to be good having an Engineer on the Lions.

Comment

• O-lineman Karsen Barnhart to Michigan...
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X