No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.... the SEC offensive player of the year was benched for a true freshman..... there had to be some thrilling pillow fights in the SEC last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That doesn't make a ton of sense, ent.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ent...don't disparage the runner-up Tide like that...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Husker Love for Orlando Commuter School is precious. lol.

If you can't win, support a mid major who did, I suppose.

You go Husker Knights! You go!
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Really impressed with what Scott is doing so far with his recruiting organization. He nabbed a top system-fit prep QB right out of the gate, and has one of his UCF QBs transfer in as well. In addition to having Tristan Gebbia and Pat O?Brien on campus, I feel pretty good about the future of the QB position for the first time in forever. Additionally, his has landed some other quality transfers at specific areas of need (LB, WR, RB) required to make the system transition at least plausible.

What a different from Riley, who added in a few QB running plays and called it good for two years, playing in systems that were ill-suited for his personnel. Particularly on defense.

So disappointed in that man. I had hoped to get a mature, if unspectacular, HC to stabilize the program post-Bo. Its clear now that what I once saw as patience was just plain laziness and weakness...the fact that he was willing to shuffle back home to Corvallis and work for $50G (Plus out settlement payments of course) in a busywork AC position says a lot. I think back to what AA said once, about losing respect for Riley when he turned down the Bammy job because his wife didn?t want to live in Alabama or something?yep. That?s Mike.

And Goddamn him for making me give props to AA for his wisdom.

Comment

• He had accepted the job. Budget for assistants and his salary were agreed upon. He was thrilled to get the job. Then his wife decided to 'revoke her permission that allowed him to accept the job' so he said there was nothing he could do if she told him no. I don't like the term 'cuck' but that's what this was.
                Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 18, 2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• The term applies to alot of what he did- and didn't do- in Lincoln as well.

Just a huge waste of time and money...but I guess we have plenty of both, so no biggie I guess. I am guessing we won't do anything about the fact he and OSU are in violation of the mitigation clause of his contract either. Its just shitloads of money. NBD.

Comment

• It's a shame, really. He's a good guy. But Nebraska didn't hire him because he's nice. His key job duty was to win football games within the rules of the NCAA. He did not.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      He had accepted the job. Budget for assistants and his salary were agreed upon. He was thrilled to get the job. Then his wife decided to 'revoke her permission that allowed him to accept the job' so he said there was nothing he could do if she told him no. I don't like the term 'cuck' but that's what this was.
                      Sounds similar to what Pitino did in regards to the basketball job here.

Comment

• I've notice several athletes that Frost and company have recruited are starting to gain interest from schools I historically believe do a good job in evaluating talent or attracting talent. while it make it tougher to land those prospects, it is also a sign the staff is identifying talented athletes.

While there are still a couple of head scratchers, overall, I think frost is looking for versatile athletes who can play several positions for his team. I also think his scheme allows for hybrids that create mismatches. Is a large WR a TE or WR? They might be a 3 star WR, but in Frost's scheme and at TE, they might be more valuable.
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Miles Jones is a good really good catch. Similar skillset to JD...smaller, but a little more explosive. Between he, Woodyard and JD that gives us three kids that are gifted open-field runners, with Lindsay still waiting to show us his ability in that regard yet. Jones can play RB or WR, so he checks your "versatility" box as well.

With Stanley staying in college and McQuitty's recovery going well, we could see the receiver corps go from yellow alert to a strongpoint by season's end.

Comment

• 5 wins next season?

Comment

• 6 or 7 IMO.

Comment

• Akron (tomato can, but not as bad as they used to be) -- WIN!!! (also, Coach Tressel's first game was against Akron -- a soul-moving 28-14 throttling of an awful Zips squad!)
                                Colorado (no clue what they return)
                                Troy (no clue what they return, but traditionally about as hard as a tomato can as you can find)
                                @M (good luck beat HARBAUGH!!!!)
                                Purdue (Brohms inched into shockingly competent country -- still managed to lose to Reilly)
                                @Wisconsin (woof)
                                @NW (ah, the weeds of hallowed Dyke Field)
                                Goofers! (can't give PJ a year head start!)
                                @OSU (trips to Columbus haven't gone as well as they could for UNL)
                                Illinois (gotta think anyone can beat Lovie)
                                Sparty (quite the trifecta from the East -- Delaney delivers steel spiked dildo to Huskerz rectum)
                                @Iowa (lemme tell ya, very difficult to win at IC)

OoC-wise, I just don't know about Colorado. Troy could be tricky, too. Let's say they go 2.5-0.5.

Conference-wise, the East cross-overs are ridiculous. I suppose it's good to eat that pile of pain in a rebuilding year -- 0-3. Against the West, Wisky is a loss. I'm going to call Iowa/NW as 1.5 losses. For the home games -- Purdue, Illinois, Goofers -- I'll call those as 2-1.

So 2.5 + 0 + 0.5 + 2 = 5-7 as most probable. Colorado, Purdue, Illinois, Goofers -- if they sweep those then they get to 6 with a shot to steal a road game against NW/Iowa.

I have four dead balls losses, so 8-4 is ceiling.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X