Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Michigan State, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan @ Michigan State, Game Day - Post Game Discussion.

This game looks a lot different today than it did before the season started but there is not an M fan on the planet that won't be wary of a shocker in EL next Saturday.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

There'll be more of this throughout the week but a quick look at how M matches up by unit, paints a pretty positive picture for M and a shitty one for MSU. MSU has QB problems which makes the trick play stuff that Dantonio likes to pull harder to pull off (see the fake punt v. Maryland). There's also issues on MSU's OL and the back end of the Sparty D. I'll be looking for other weaknesses on this team as the week goes forward.

What Harbaugh is doing with this offense is nothing short of spectacular. Going against vastly overmatched teams in terms of talent, M's O has simply blown the doors off of those teams. You could say you might expect M to win v these tomato cans but this is a different kind of winning. I never saw this kind of thing when JH coached at Stanford. It was more a methodical sort of football; this brand of offensive football at M advantages every player and in the process produces pretty phenomenal results. I think we'll see the stats for M's first 7 games show up this week with the kind of superlatives in comparison to other elite contenders that M deserves.

Ditto for the defense.

The issue of M's level of competition compared to the rest of the nation's top 5 is going to come up this week and throughout the remainder of the season. It is something to look at and consider. And it is true that M hasn't faced a good defense or offense on the road. Not battle tested in that regard one might say. I can't argue with that but I would say, the way M seems to be approaching every game and just clubbing the shit out of each opponent on both sides of the ball bodes well for this football team going forward. It's a mind set thing.

Nice place to be for M fans right now.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I think M is playing great ball. Michigan State is not. I can't imagine this game being competitive past the second quarter.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Dantonio outcoaches us 100% of the time. 100%. That is why he is 9-0 ATS when he plays Michigan. They are always more fired up and they always want it more. They totally outprepare us and they run a ton of stuff on both sides of the ball that we have absolutely no answer to. The next time that our coaching staff doesn't get profoundly buttfucked by Dantonio's staff will be the first.

Whatever the spread this weekend, take the points. Bet everything that you own and leverage yourself up and take the points. Absolutely the easiest money that you will ever make.

Comment

Calm down, Hanni. At least wait until midweek. Go read the RCMB and have a few laughs. Bullough with 3 personal fouls in the first half. Last was targeting. So he misses first half next week, right?
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

#3 offensively, #1 defensively in scoring.

Comment

That time when MSU struggled to win at home vs Furman... well, Furman is now 1-6.

MSU will be destroyed.
              M 38, MSU 6.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Dantonio outcoaches us 100% of the time. 100%. That is why he is 9-0 ATS when he plays Michigan. They are always more fired up and they always want it more. They totally outprepare us and they run a ton of stuff on both sides of the ball that we have absolutely no answer to. The next time that our coaching staff doesn't get profoundly buttfucked by Dantonio's staff will be the first.
                I don't think that has been true for Harbaugh. MSU was legitimately good last season. A lot better than M when they met in AA and before Rudduck got good. Even though the game was close last year, M had it in hand until the horror. I don't think Dantonio out coached Harbaugh or Durkin; M was plenty fired up they just didn't execute.

I just watched a YouTube video of the seal clubbing of Illinois. M took advantage of every Illinois weakness that was anticipated by arm chair scouts. Poor LB play hurt Illinois but M blocking on edge plays by TEs and WRs was phenomenally good. So was the ability of M's OL to get to the second level and make blocks to spring either Smith or Higdon. Darboh repeatedly beat coverage and I'll bet M's RPS is going to be high on the UFR.

So there's a big difference between the 2015 match-up and this one. Huge. This team is executing. Last year's team made a lot of mistakes. I'm not seeing that with this team. Fundamentals are there and it was very clear that was a point of focus during the bye week. Blocking, tackling and throwing the ball to receivers executing their routes stood out v the Illini. Big time. That's what wins games. Playing mistake free, fundamentally sound football. A Bo staple, and now apparently JH's thing as well.

Comment

We got outcoached last year too. Remember MSU sneaking a fullback out for a 70 yard pass? Remember Michigan getting caught completely with their pants down on the punt? (Gunner was uncovered).

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    We got outcoached last year too. Remember MSU sneaking a fullback out for a 70 yard pass? Remember Michigan getting caught completely with their pants down on the punt? (Gunner was uncovered).
                    Maybe we legitimately see this differently. I get what you're staying.

I see coaching errors in terms of things like clock management ala. Les Miles or not being able to control the edge of an opponent's offense and sticking with an inoperable plan like I think Durkin did against osu in 2015.

I see the things you're talking about as coverage or player busts in the case of a leaking full back or M's punter having a brain fart. JMO.

Comment

agree. seems Hanni is hell bent on attributing everything that goes wrong to Coach H.

Comment

Michigan has opened as an 18-point favorite over Michigan State

So he misses first half next week, right?
                        No, since he was ejected in the first half he wont miss any more game time.

Comment

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Dooooommmmmm!!!

What's with all the Dantonio ball sucking? I don't think I've ever seen that to a team that's lost 4 in a row inc Maryland and NW.

Hilarious
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Wait.. That's 5 in a row! I forgot about the loss to Indiana!

Hahahahahhaha. That's first class preparation there.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X