No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow Phoenix takes a 2-0 series lead over Nashville....maybe Bettman should buy a few more troubled clubs with League money. Certain there are many angry owners that didn't make the playoffs or an early exit must wonder how much more they will have to spend on Bettman's favorites? Directly competing against their own financial interests while subsidizing the failing Phoenix franchise?
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 30, 2012, 10:35 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• 5-3 no less! A game even Hannibal could love

Comment

• Dale Hunter has "Sasha" Ovechkin benched most of the time, played 13 minutes but scored the game winner, earning the split in Manhattan. Dale Hunter has his team blocking shots, clogging shooting lanes, smell an upset.

LA rolls St. Louis 5-2 heading home with 2-0 series lead, looks grim for the Blues.

NJ in serious financial trouble, one of the owners is facing bankruptcy, team will lose at least 6 M this year and the remaining ownership will not cover losses, expect them to dump 20 M in salaries. Wonder when it hits the players on the ice?
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 1, 2012, 02:43 PM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Nashville will suspend their players for being out to late , Shanahan Bettmann will not, even if its a head shot.

Comment

• The Nashville Predators have suspended forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn for cruising for chicks until 4 am while the rest of the team tries to regroup and respond to 0-2 start against Phoenix....that means the Predators now must win 4 of the next 5 games to stave of elimination, good luck.

Really like LA, Phoenix & Washington , couple of last place teams, no business in the playoffs preforming like their jobs depended on it....22 guys outworking their opponents, hungry.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              Nashville will suspend their players for being out to late , Shanahan Bettmann will not, even if its a head shot.
              Good point Packfan, no doubt Captain Shea Weber should give them both the "Zitterberger" treatment.

Comment

• The Nashville Predators have suspended forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn for cruising for chicks until 4 am while the rest of the team tries to regroup and respond to 0-2 start against Phoenix....that means the Predators now must win 4 of the next 5 games to stave of elimination, good luck.

Really like LA, Phoenix & Washington , couple of last place teams, no business in the playoffs preforming like their jobs depended on it....22 guys outworking their opponents, hungry.
                cough cough "goose looneys" cough cough
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That was the 1st thing I thought of too, Tony.

Comment

• Nashville, bounces back 2-0, and Rangers/Wash in 2nd OT...... 1-1. Great hockey.

Comment

• 6 minutes to go in the 3rd OT and still playing...I should be sleeping, but sleep is overrated.

GOAL RANGERS!!!! Final score 2-1, ended with 5:19 to go in the 3rd OT. Fun game to watch.

Comment

• Great game, I was tired just watching it, couldn't imagine playing. NYR got the win but at what cost, I suspect they drained the tank to do it, playing only 4 defensemen that logged a ton of ice time.

Hunter rolled 4 lines for Washington and if it goes 6 or 7, it's going to obviously payoff. 60 hard checks in the game, most against the Ranger's D men and it will become a factor, not sure many of these guys are even walking this morning.

Comment

• Brutal. Yet another example proving this is the most difficult Championship trophy to win.

Comment

• Fortunately for them they have two days off between games.

Comment

• 8th seed Los Angeles will be in the Western Conference Finals. They beat St Louis again tonight to go up 3-0

Comment

• They're gonna win the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X