Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
    If you go in with a game plan of let?s stop the run and make Brees beat us, you will lose. There is not a DC in the NFL who doesn?t know that.
    Really? How in the heck then did he ever lose to the lowly Lions?
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      I thought I saw a wicked burn on me here this morning, but it's gone. Something about being a two-year old.

Ha! You need to grow up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        Really? How in the heck then did he ever lose to the lowly Lions?
        Not following you, what does that have to with game planning against NO?

Comment

• Lions D recently has been good at run stopping. Austin has been very good at taking away the run threats of opposing teams. Lions have been successful in beating NO with the D that specializes in stopping the run and, were weak in the secondary.

I would call that challenging Breese to beat them, and he didn't.

Breese will make mistakes with a quick pass rush.

Comment

• I thought the only great year of stopping run was 2014.

I know you said "good" Mark but I don't remember that being the case before or after that year. I thought the defenses have been soft.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
              I thought the only great year of stopping run was 2014.

I know you said "good" Mark but I don't remember that being the case before or after that year. I thought the defenses have been soft.
              The 2014 D was notable but I am referring to the fact that Austin was successful in shutting down the running games against Minny, GB, and Chicago consistently even when they had premier backs.

Now, before their secondary stiffened up and the pass rush improved, some of the games were lost, but not by the run. I recall the Lions being one of the few teams that could contain Adrian Peterson and Forte.

......and it is during the same period that they beat NO with the same strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                Lions D recently has been good at run stopping. Austin has been very good at taking away the run threats of opposing teams. Lions have been successful in beating NO with the D that specializes in stopping the run and, were weak in the secondary.

I would call that challenging Breese to beat them, and he didn't.

Breese will make mistakes with a quick pass rush.
                In recent years, they have been able to beat NO when NO has a losing record, and the last time they beat NO, Brees threw 3 interceptions and fumbled once. I would call that putting pressure on Brees.

Comment

• Positive: Stafford is great at comebacks!

Negative: Stafford puts the team in a position where he always has to comeback!

Summary: Build a defense cuz he ain't no Tom Brady

Comment

• Originally posted by AMP View Post
                    Positive: Mediocre Matty is great at comebacks against teams that finish with a losing record!

Negative: Mediocre Matty puts the team in a position where he always has to comeback!

Summary: Build a defense, but it won?t matter cuz Mediocre Matty = Jay Cutler
                    FTFY

Comment

Positive: Stafford is great at comebacks!

They definitely need to improve the defense and the running game.

Comment

Positive: Stafford is great at comebacks!

How much of that is down to play calling? How much of that is down to the defence?

He's great at comebacks when the handbrake comes off and he can start slinging instead of dink and dunk. Maybe giving him a bit more freedom to open up earlier in the games, augmented by a running game and better protection in the pocket would stop us falling behind to begin with.

Comment

• well 2 head coaches and 3 OC's haven't helped yet, maybe the next one will.

But I think that Matthew doesn't believe he needs a running game TLL.

Stafford recently said that he wants Cooter, back because he, Stafford, is playing the best he ever has.

So only conclusion I can come up with is that since Cooter has admitted he doesn't know how to fix the running problem, that Stafford thinks that he can carry the load because he's playing the best he's ever played.

Or that he really only cares about his own comfort zone, and not really if they win or not.

Comment

• Every word ypu just said was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                              How much of that is down to play calling? How much of that is down to the defence?

He's great at comebacks when the handbrake comes off and he can start slinging instead of dink and dunk. Maybe giving him a bit more freedom to open up earlier in the games, augmented by a running game and better protection in the pocket would stop us falling behind to begin with.
                              What world do you live in? Mediocre Matty has complete control of play calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Every word you just said was wrong.
                                Again?
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X