MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was 116-46 for the Ms.

But, in any event, you're correct re baseball regular season. That said, I really thought the Indians had a team that was really built for the POST-season. They have starting arms out the ass, a very good bullpen and were the best defensive team in the league.

As good as the Yankees were in relief, they stayed in the series on the strength of Tanaka and then Severino. I underestimated then Yankees rotation and I didn't see a game where the Indians give up SIX unearned runs.

Yankees are going to be really good. Indians aren't going anywhere (they may lose Santana, but otherwise I think the roster is fairly set). Astros are also set for a few years, though they could use another starter long-term. Some pretty good teams in the AL.

Also, I enjoyed watching Judge play all year and the HR Derby was jaw-dropping. My son loves him (and Sanchez). But, wow, he can't hit a fucking curve ball. Or come close. Jobu unkind.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nate Silver had a formula he thought was good to project teams likely to win in the postseason when he was still writing for BP. The formula he had was called secret sauce, it was basically rested on defense and bullpen and I think starters. Based on prior data it seemingly had predictive value. A few years later, he wrote a column saying to disregard that secret sauce formula, the succeeding years bludgeoned the data and it more or less said it's kind of blind luck.

Comment

• Yep. Yeah, I should be clear -- my take on what is or isn't good in the post-season is so very 2005. Heh.

The difference between a "really" good team and "good" team in MLB is roughly 10-12 wins over a 162 game season. 100-62 vs 88-74. Or, roughly 10-6 vs 9-7 for every 16 games.

In a 5-games series? Shit.

Comment

• Matt Dery sure is crying over Cleveland's choke job last night.

Oh yes Matt Dery, last I heard he was calling High School Basketball, up in northern Oakland County.

Comment

• Verlander will be on one extra day of rest in Game 6 tonight, win or go golfing.

Comment

• shaddup
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 24 consecutive innings of scoreless baseball in closout games.

Comment

• Fake news! He got dinged in the close out game in the previous series. As a starter it's true though.

The trade just keeps getting worse.

Comment

• Oh yes, sorry - as a starter

Comment

• I like Puig's fire on that muff.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That sounds wrong. I still mean it, though.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 12-12 in the bottom of the 10th

Comment

• 13- 12 Houston JV up next! Game 6 for all the marbles JV!

Comment

• Well that sucked. No chance for JV to get a ring now. And I hate the Dodgers

Going off memory

Last 9 WS game 7s home team 8-1

Last game 7s playoffs Home team 14-2

Comment

• Well, the last two WS Game 7s were in 2014 and 2016, so you may want to consult your memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X