Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    11 points is absurd
    If you mean to say that it is absurdly low then I think that we all agree.

Comment

11 points is absurd
      Not sure if you trying to be humoring, yes way to low.

Note; My MSU brother in law got on the phone just now while I was talking to my sister - First time he has talked about football since before the 2016 game. And it was as bad as any message board material.

Comment

No, it's not trying to humor anything, you guys should win the game. I don't get the defeatism. They might beat you, but it's a toss up in my mind. You guys always play well against Penn State. You have good defense and the better coach. Like I said before Harbaugh is probably better as an underdog.

Comment

you guys should win the game

lmao I have had a terrible weekend after last week - always seems to even out. Im sure you wouldn't bet real money on that, I would and will.

Comment

I don't bet real money on any sport.

Comment

Froot, you have been watching the M games, yes? I know you watched JOK throw three INTs v. your boys, right? ..... and two of those were just, well, right in the chest of the MSU defenders, yes?

It's not defeatism. It's a reality check.... and that reality check can be backed up by most of the measurables. By Friday, I'll get back to with the Advanced Stats that will compare M's weaknesses with PSU's strengths and vice-versa. I'm predicting these won't be pretty.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I think M beats Penn State and shocks the world!
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think Michigan will win.

Comment

How did your analytics predict the MSU/UM? I thought the line on MSU/UM was absurd. You have a top defense, you have a good coach, you should win the game. What O'Korn did against MSU is irrelevant to Saturday. You guys act like you need everything stacked in your favor to win the game. Have some confidence.

Comment

Look at how we lost to OSU last year; our last two losses to MSU. Maybe it's not true we need everything stacked, but winning these big games these days feels like something Michigan does against all odds. Not that some of it wasn't self-inflicted, but you don't expect to bring in a darling of the coaching world and proceed to do your best to lose the turnover war at all costs, either.

Comment

Beat the #2 team at night in their white out? This would be the biggest win for Harbaugh by far at Michigan. And one of the biggest upsets for Michigan ever. Not impossible not probable.

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Beat the #2 team at night in their white out? This would be the biggest win for Harbaugh by far at Michigan. And one of the biggest upsets for Michigan ever. Not impossible not probable.
                          It would be by far the biggest football win since I've been watching (2004). There really hasn't been much.
                          at ND in 2006 and vs Penn St in 2005 maybe...
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                            Look at how we lost to OSU last year; our last two losses to MSU. Maybe it's not true we need everything stacked, but winning these big games these days feels like something Michigan does against all odds. Not that some of it wasn't self-inflicted, but you don't expect to bring in a darling of the coaching world and proceed to do your best to lose the turnover war at all costs, either.
                            This is the time for Harbaugh to earn his money. You guys should be thankful for that absurd line, Harbaugh should use that to the fullest extent that he can.

Being rated #2 doesn't mean much if your two biggest wins are versus Iowa and Northwestern. You've had the harder schedule and have the better defense, he will figure something out with the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              How did your analytics predict the MSU/UM? I thought the line on MSU/UM was absurd......
                              Let me make sure I understand. You thought the 10pt line that favored M was absurd, right? IOW you thought MSU was better than that. Do I have that right?

If I do have it right, and I think I do, in both cases, by game day, I posted a score of 12-10, M over MSU in shitty weather. I had basically gone with my gut and abandoned analytics. That's because they don't take into account the weather.

I also did not account for 5 Michigan turnovers in that 12-10 M win prediction. That comes in the category of the football gods hating on M not to mention that 2017 Purdue O'Korn didn't show up and instead, 2016 Indiana O'Korn did.

I also thought the monsoon was going to hold off until the late 4th. It happened mid 3rd and M kept passing while O'Korn kept turning it over with bad throws. Meanwhile, Dantonio played a conservative rope-a dope, a very good strategy, and waited for M to make mistakes - they did.

So, I had a lot of questions about the spread as did you. I had significant concerns pre-game about an M win by anything close to the spread. I noted that if 2016 Indiana O'Korn showed up and turned the ball over, MSU would win. He did and MSU won.

I think I had that game pretty well figured out before kick-off and was just hoping that O'Korn would be ok and M wouldn't hand the game to MSU with turn-overs. My hopes were not met.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

This is the time for Harbaugh to earn his money.

Yes please. Honestly the only time so far I've REALLY felt like he has done that was the first MSU game. That felt like pulling out a win against a superior team, until they didn't. The rest of it I agree with. #2 team in the country isn't scary; Happy Valley at night isn't scary. I wish he would figure something out with the QB. He's supposed to be good at that. It's progress that we got through a game without a turnover. I see the appeal in calling this game for M; it's going to be loose going in for the first time all year and defense travels. Still, though. We're not going to find a passing game in a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X