Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? No UCLA-Texas A&M thread?

Comment

Reminds me of the 1980 Winter Olympics when the USA-Russia hockey game was being played and shown on a time delay. With the score tied, Bill Bonds of Channel 7 in Detroit broke in with a "news update" declaring that the USA had won the game by a goal, details at 11:00

Comment

Okay .. I'll eliminate the individual game threads, and I'll elevate the CFB thread and stick it so it will be found easier.

Thanks for the feedback.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
          Reminds me of the 1980 Winter Olympics when the USA-Russia hockey game was being played and shown on a time delay. With the score tied, Bill Bonds of Channel 7 in Detroit broke in with a "news update" declaring that the USA had won the game by a goal, details at 11:00

When I was stationed in Alaska, they showed Monday Night Football on delay. I hated it.

I can't watch a game and pretend that it isn't already over. I have tried, but when I know the game is over, it doesn't have the same excitement for me. With social media, I don't think it would even be worth trying anymore
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            This forum already has too many stickies
            Agree
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

Many of the hated sticky's have been removed.

Thank you.

Comment

I like this idea but difficult to moderate.

Comment

Well, as Geezer said, we don't need moderation. Where all adults here.

OK.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I'm good with this topic and will comply but I'm a little confused as to why someone would even come to the forum if they haven't watched the games.

What topics would they even troll under? Seems like they would just be setting themselves up for failure.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      I'm good with this topic and will comply but I'm a little confused as to why someone would even come to the forum if they haven't watched the games.
                      That's a good point but I'll try to adhere.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Many of the hated sticky's have been removed.

Thank you.
                        I unstuck the baseball/softball/warm weather thread, since it's not that season.

Comment

Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                          I unstuck the baseball/softball/warm weather thread, since it's not that season.
                          No problem. We'll resurrect it next spring when those seasons start.

Comment

I don't post that much and confess I'm already a bit confused as to what to say and where to say it. Anyway, I'm not likely to remember when the time comes so I'll just apologize ahead of time for any "spoiler" posts I might make. It's a nice thought but I think it's a "buyer beware" or "enter at your own risk" type issue.

Comment

Don't sweat it, Mac.

Basically, .. keep the Michigan game discussion in the game day thread, .. talk about Ohio in their "Resistance" thread, and Nebraska in their thread.

Everything else goes in the "CFB" thread discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                Don't sweat it, Mac.

Basically, .. keep the Michigan game discussion in the game day thread, .. talk about Ohio in their "Resistance" thread, and Nebraska in their thread.

Everything else goes in the "CFB" thread discussion.
                                As Mickey Redmond would say, Bingo Bango!

Comment

Working...
                                X