Request: Please let's make this a DVR-friendly forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: Please let's make this a DVR-friendly forum

I'd like to humbly request that forum users help make this a DVR-friendly forum by not spoiling the day's games for the people who have yet to watch them. This will allow people who have watched the Michigan game to talk about the game in the game thread without having other games spoiled for them. Otherwise, you have to avoid the forum for a couple of days. So, I'd like to propose the following guidelines:

1. Please do not talk about an ongoing game outside of its appropriate thread. For instance, please do not make references to whatever game OSU is playing or just played in the Michigan thread and do not talk about a non-B1G game in the B1G thread. If somebody doesn't want the OSU game spoiled, then they can avoid the OSU thread and if they don't want the FSU-Ole Miss game spoiled, they can avoid the "Rest of CF" thread.

2. Please do not put any spoilers (i.e. scores, smack talk, references to a choke or an upset, etc) in topic titles until at least a day after the game.

3. Please observe these guidelines until Sunday. Give the DVR folks 24 hours to catch up on their games.

If it's okay with the other mods, I'd like to leave this stickied for a few weeks.

Thanks, everyone
    Last edited by lineygoblue; September 4, 2016, 08:55 AM.

Completely reasonable. Well keep the thread stuck as well.

Do it folks.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

If MSU loses to Furman I will not be silenced!!

Comment

I agree its a reasonable request.

We may have to start a couple new threads, but we will make them non-stuck threads so they will age off as they are unused. I have no problem with starting a few new threads to take care of the various conversations.

I say lets go for it.

Thanks for the suggestion Hanni.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

What's it worth to you Hanni? :-)

Comment

Season - Game Day Threads - Proposal

How about something like this:

Lets pick about five (5) games of significant national importance every week, and open a thread for each of them. After the game is over, we'll leave the threads open for post-game discussion for about three days afterward, then eliminate them, and go to the next week's games. This will be in addition to our permanent Michigan game thread (which will never leave) and the M-Borg Resistance Thread for Paul and the Ohio people.

We have a ND thread dedicated to Clashmore Mike that will remain permanent, and not be deleted.

Sound fair?

Comment

Works for me. We just need to be mindful of what thread we're in when commenting on other games.

Comment

We can "stick" the five threads, and put a icon next to them so they are easily found. Then, lets say on the Tuesday (Noon?) following the game(s) we will just delete them, and add the next five games for the following week. That way we're not all cluttered up with dozens of threads from past weeks.

Comment

How do you avoid seeing the scores on the ticker as they update...? ;)
                  Last edited by CGVT; September 1, 2016, 10:06 AM.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

For what it's worth, I think that the current structure of the forum is adequate to handle all of the games. I'd just like to keep discussions about each game confined to one thread until a day after the game.

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    How do you avoid seeing the scores on the ticker as they update...? ;)
                    Through a brilliantly engineered contraption made out of newspaper and duct tape.

Comment

How about a single thread for important games of national interest? I misread your previous post, Liney. Didn't realize there would be a separate thread for each game.

Comment

We could do it either way, Mike.

I'm fine with one consolidated thread or the separate ones.

Comment

Too many stuck threads, Liney.

We have a thread around CFB for that. If you want a consolidated thread for a given week's games, that might make sense but 5 new threads, all stuck, not my favorite.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Where the hell is a Appalachian State/Tennessee sticky?

;)

Seriously. This too damn cluttered. This forum already has too many stickies
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Seriously. This too damn cluttered. This forum already has too many stickies
                              I agree

Comment

Working...
                              X