No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta agree--rookie salaries were just crazy for completely unproven players.

Comment

Mr. Buchanan, did you see what happened in Foxborough today? I spoke to him on the phone and he could not be more pleased...fresh start running 4-3, Dime & Nickel 54% of the time. He's gonna shine, let's book a match...week 14 in DC wouldn't be a bad thing, no?!? Let me see what he comes back with. Last season went "south" rather quickly, never pressed the issue.
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 28, 2011, 07:26 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Count me in.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Not the kind of press you want to see for the guy that "controls" the #1 jersey, if he really does....

Free agent Braylon Edwards could end up facing legal trouble for his role in a fight that broke out at a Birmingham, Michigan bar over the weekend.

Two members of Edwards' now infamous entourage allegedly assaulted bar employees with knives and forks (seriously). Edwards wasn't arrested at the time because police were concentrating on breaking up the fight, but two of his cousins have been charged with felonious assault. A statement from the bar indicates Edwards was involved, perhaps as an instigator. Edwards is still on probation for assault in Cleveland, so he has more than just his free agent value on the line here.

Comment

Braylon was a great player, but has been a constant source of embarrassment over the past few years. I know he does a lot of good things, but man he seems to always be around trouble.

Comment

Sounds like he just can't distance himself from a group who may not have his best interests in mind. Unfortunately, we've heard similar tales.

Comment

and here I was hoping that maybe the Lions would grab him for a year ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Well, I suppose they still could, but he may have bigger issues than a Free Agency contract right now.

I know he's given a lot of money and he's an all-time M great player, but I'd like to think that Hoke and Company won't let him have too big a say in the #1 jersey, at least not if he keeps getting himself in trouble like this.

Comment

I don't think Braylon should have any more of a say over who gets #1 than Anthony Carter does. And I doubt that Anthony ever says anything about it.

Anthony Carter has one thing that Braylon never has had. Its called humility.

AC was never about himself. He was always about the team. With him, the team came first, and the #1 was just the number he wore.

I admit I'm biased, but to me, there was only ONE original #1, and that was Anthony Carter.

Everyone else that has followed was just assigned a number.

If it were up to me, I'd retire the number in AC's name.

Comment

... and while we're at it, I'd retire #2 in Charles Woodson's name ...

/rant

Comment

I'd prefer to see colleges not retire any numbers. The biggest reason is just a practical issue of not having enough numbers to go around. The second reason is that college players typically only get two to three years to shine. They don't get associated with the number the same way that a pro guy who plays for 15 years would. There are too many guys who wear it before and after. If the whole idea is to sanctify the number so that nobody else will wear it again, it seems kind of silly to me do so after five other guys have worn it. IMHO it's too late to retire Desmond's jersey. #21 is no longer associated with him. Same issue with Woodson and #2, though slightly less so.

Comment

Hanni, to expand a bit more, my thought behind retiring both #1 and #2 is both for practicality and honor.

If Michigan retired both numbers (#1 for Carter, #2 for Woodson) it would end any discussion over "who should get them next". Settle it once and for all. AC was the most memorable #1, and Woodson was the most memorable #2. Done deal.

And, I agree that its tough for teams to retire numbers in these days of 85 scholarships, and 120 players dressed for home games. They are already doubling up many numbers when the team is at home.

But quite frankly, I'm getting tired of Braylon Edwards thinking that he has some sort of important say over who gets #1. He's not the only great player that wore that number. I daresay that Anthony Carter took more hard hits, and pound for pound, was a better receiver, than Edwards ever was. And AC returned punts and kickoffs as well.

Comment

I hate the flack that Miami fans are giving Henne, they need to get a life.

Comment

I agree, Chuck. Henne is a gritty ballplayer, and I still think he can become an excellent NFL quarterback. He played many games at Michigan while injured, yet never complained or made excuses. I read that in his final game against ohio, his shoulder popped out of its socket several times while just taking the snap. I don't know of too many players who would continue to play with that kind of an injury.

Comment

Yea it makes me upset how terribly they treat him...if he was anywhere else where gritty "blue-collar" work is appreciated he would be loved.
                                2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

Working...
                                X