No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and that’s part of what makes the NBA one of the worst major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, College Basketball/ Football).
    What’s the purpose when only a few teams each year have a shot at winning a title. 95% of the time, very predictable. When I say few teams, maybe two or three max.
    Same could be said about college football, I guess. It’s to a lesser extent. There are maybe half a dozen title contenders.
    Last edited by Cody_Russell; May 23, 2018, 07:54 AM.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It always kinda struck me that SVG was drafting players that had specific "NBA ready" skill sets that could contribute right away, rather than better players that might not be able to hit the ground running.

It was a stupid as fuck approach, but consistent with Gores's mandate that they were going to fight for the 8-seed come hell or high water.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

It was a stupid as fuck approach, but consistent with Gores's mandate that they were going to fight for the 8-seed come hell or high water.
        Exactly.

Take Booker for example. In hindsight yes he was the smart pick there but SVG at the time is trying to fill the biggest need on the team which is SF and it wasn't even close. On top of that the Pistons had just drafted KCP 2 years prior to that. Even if they don't pick SJ the pick is Justise Winslow.

The Kennard pick was dumb as f*ck in hindsight but such is life. SVG's offense has always relied heavily on the 3ball and he never ever had that in Detroit. Kennard was the most NBA ready 3 point shooter in the draft.

Other than who did he miss on? Henry Ellenson? There wasn't anyone drafted after Ellenson thats been a boss.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The one thing SVG did do is get a lot more talent here. I am intrigued to see what a new coach is going to do with it. At least now there are things to build around.

I would love to see what the trio of Jackson/Blake and Andre can do...healthy and having an offseason to work together. Bullock seems like a solid starting option.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• He left them in a worse position than he found them, they may have more talent but they have no draft picks or flexibility. He was a total failure. There is no means to build around the current players. The next coach will have to make due with less. If they had 20 million to play with or some draft picks to use you might have a point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
              I would love to see what the trio of Jackson/Blake and Andre can do...healthy and having an offseason to work together.
              These three players are not good at shooting 3s. If you can’t do that in today’s NBA... big disadvantage.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• But hey.. we have Stanley Johnson, Ellenson and Kennard. We should be set with reinforcements
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  Exactly.

Take Booker for example. In hindsight yes he was the smart pick there but SVG at the time is trying to fill the biggest need on the team which is SF and it wasn't even close. On top of that the Pistons had just drafted KCP 2 years prior to that. Even if they don't pick SJ the pick is Justise Winslow.

The Kennard pick was dumb as f*ck in hindsight but such is life. SVG's offense has always relied heavily on the 3ball and he never ever had that in Detroit. Kennard was the most NBA ready 3 point shooter in the draft.

Other than who did he miss on? Henry Ellenson? There wasn't anyone drafted after Ellenson thats been a boss.
                  Ummmm, how about this Flint guy?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lmZok1NEr0"]Kyle Kuzma?Offical Rookie Highlights?"Hollywood" - YouTube[/ame]

Not gonna kill him for it because every team passed on him at least once.

But I tell you what, it makes me appreciate the job Quinn and his scouts do. Although I know it's a different sport, he finds talent and has his own value system. If he were in the NBA, this is the kind of kid I think he would find.

Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                  The one thing SVG did do is get a lot more talent here. I am intrigued to see what a new coach is going to do with it. At least now there are things to build around.

I would love to see what the trio of Jackson/Blake and Andre can do...healthy and having an offseason to work together. Bullock seems like a solid starting option.
                  Did you not see the NBA allstar weekend? It was a veritable who's who of ex-Piston players and players he could have drafted.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  He left them in a worse position than he found them, they may have more talent but they have no draft picks or flexibility. He was a total failure. There is no means to build around the current players. The next coach will have to make due with less. If they had 20 million to play with or some draft picks to use you might have a point.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Dwane Casey Emerges As Pistons' Top Coaching Target
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Pistons Hire Ed Stefanski To Oversee Front Office

Comment

• Rumors are that the Magic are interested in Izzo
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• They can be interested all they want. I highly doubt he makes the jump to the NBA. He looks like he's going to have a heart attack every time I see him on TV
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            These three players are not good at shooting 3s. If you can?t do that in today?s NBA... big disadvantage.
                            You also have Bullock who is good from deep (.464 as a starter), Kennard can hit from the deep too. Galloway is another deep threat (.344 this year is tied for career low.... .361 for his career). Griffin is okay not great (slightly below average percentage wise).
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              They can be interested all they want. I highly doubt he makes the jump to the NBA. He looks like he's going to have a heart attack every time I see him on TV
                              I dunno, depending on how much heat he starts getting for MSU basketball's own transgressions regarding women and assault, he might decide it's time to get while the gettin's good.

Comment

• Fucking NBA.

August 22, 2017
                                Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Celtics vs Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals. The rest between now and May 2018 is wasted filler.
                                We know 3 of the final 4 teams, how fun. This is where tuning out of the NBA until May = a better use of time.
                                October 17, 2017
                                Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Gordan Hayward ... damn, that sucks.

Cavs vs Warriors NBA Finals. See ya'll in this thread 9 months from now, in June of 2018.
                                What's sad is how this is a 9 month season and we already know the conclusion.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X