Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hating on the $EC - Mostly Alabama (and a little Georgia too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circus is getting started on CNN. We'll discuss Coach Saban's inability to foster a culture of responsibility among his players another time. It's a topic that deserves thoughtful, informed positions, but I'm hoping AA can still participate.

Comment

• DSL wishes he were a Bucknellian. At least Bucknell thinks of itself as a hidden Ivy. Not like the brigands from half-public Cornell - where you attend classes in buildings with stucco walls and cinder block exteriors in front of a sewage lake that catches fire every spring.

It's the worst of the fake Ivies.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Circus is getting started on CNN. We'll discuss Coach Saban's inability to foster a culture of responsibility among his players another time. It's a topic that deserves thoughtful, informed positions, but I'm hoping AA can still participate.

At least he hasn't harbored a murderer!
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Anyway, the DA elected to NOT file charges.

Please tell me when you've spent this much time talking about a situation in which the DA has looked at a case and elected to not file a charge?
          If you're BLM, a whole fuckin lot!!

Comment

• At least he hasn't harbored a murderer!
            oh snappeth!

Comment

• Bama moves up in the 247 composite:

Comment

Okay. I'm sorry about the BR Tiger bit. Sorry to BR, that is. You're more OP.

Pity.

Take care, DSL.
                Should you be more worried about shitting in a bag?
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• The Bama football cook-out is this weekend, but I will be in scenic Macon, Georgia.

Comment

• One of the Bama blogs collects message board reactions from fans of losing teams and posts them. Some can be pretty funny (they do Bama when we lose).

Selected this one because it has Michigan in it.

Comment

• My upset pick to win the SEC this year is Tennessee.

The Vols, last year, won 7 of their last 8 games including a 45-6 dismantling of Northwestern in the Outback Bowl. Their only loss in that stretch was to Bama by 5 at Bryant-Denny (they led with 2:25 left in the 4th quarter).

They return 10 starters on offense and 8 on defense. They have been recruiting fairly well, and are deep. They will be a hand full. Do not sleep on the Vols this year.

Comment

My upset pick to win the SEC this year is Tennessee.

The Vols, last year, won 7 of their last 8 games including a 45-6 dismantling of Northwestern in the Outback Bowl. Their only loss in that stretch was to Bama by 5 at Bryant-Denny (they led with 2:25 left in the 4th quarter).

They return 10 starters on offense and 8 on defense. They have been recruiting fairly well, and are deep. They will be a hand full. Do not sleep on the Vols this year.
                        Counterpoint -- Mike Debord is their offensive coordinator.

Comment

• They're doomed.

He runs everything at the strong side of the defense.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They averaged 35 points per game last year. Not earth-shattering, but decent.

They were 9-4. Of the 4 losses, one was to Bama (detailed above), the rest were early in the year.

By a TD to Oklahoma in double OT in week 2 (had the game won three times. At one time had a 17-point lead);

To Florida in week 5 by 1 in a total melt down (led by 13 in the 4th quarter);

And to Arkansas the first week of October by 4 (game was tied midway through the 4th).

Comment

The Bama football cook-out is this weekend, but I will be in scenic Macon, Georgia.
                              Why would anyone make Macon Georgia a "destination"?

Unless you have relatives there, you have no excuse.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Relatives.

Comment

Working...
                                X