No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moore will be elected, then censured and possibly removed in short order. The Republicans just want to keep the seat.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• My question for you Geezer is - why confront this man reported with a gun in the hallway? Things seem like they could unravel badly (and they did). Could they have not waited for him to be in his room and bust the door down as a raid, something they have much experience doing? Its not like anyone had been hurt up to that point, and anyone could have heard shouting in the hallway and walked into a firestorm.
      Good question Wingsfan. And I'll add that at the end of the five-minute video, it seemed to me that the officers thought they had a card that would give them access to the hotel room. And (just guessing) I think that was their plan.

As they are walking toward the room, someone comes out of the room and heads toward them. These are not beat cops, they are more on the order of SWAT. They make an instantaneous decision to take down the two persons. One is no problem, she complies. The male is given instructions, and, to me, it looks like he also complies as best as he could. I say they should have cuffed him by having a person follow the wall to the right of the SWAT-shooter until they get the perp cuffed. And remember, if there are only two officers, this leaves the shooter unprotected if some other perps come out of the hotel room. If there are three or more officers, then they should have cuffed the perp ASAP but that is just my opinion.

As far as other guests being caught in a cross-fire, those SWAT officers are well marked and carrying ARs. If you were going out for some ice and you saw them, I suspect you would beat a hasty retreat.

Wingsfan, from the video, I believe the SWAT team's plan was to do exactly what you recommended. They wanted to surprise the folks in that room. But when the folks came out of the room and it was face-to-face, well the video speaks for itself.

A week or so ago, I was the first conservative poster here to say that the jury's Steinle decision should be accepted, and I gave a couple of reasons why. Until we see the trial transcript of the officer's trial, I'd suggest we should accept the jury's decision. Juries usually get it right
      Last edited by Da Geezer; December 10, 2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• "Juries usually get it right"
        -OJ Simpson-
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• good post, Kapture.

The time to question an arrest is after the arrest.

Comment

• "Juries usually get it right"
            -OJ Simpson-
            Do you think that verdict might have been different if he had been tried by a jury of his peers (read Bel Aire), rather than south-central LA? I do.

Comment

• Lighten up, Francis.

It was a harmless throw away joke
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                Do you think that verdict might have been different if he had been tried by a jury of his peers (read Bel Aire), rather than south-central LA? I do.
                Do you believe the Rodney King verdict might have been different had that trial been held in South Central LA rather in than Simi Valley, an overwhelmingly white suburb that's not even a part of LA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                  See, this is what most people get wrong about the Rice case, of the two cops, which was most at fault for that shooting? its not the one that pulled the trigger. His partner, the driver of the car that pulled right up to Rice, and put his partner in that situation IMO is most at fault. The problem is these things are not as black and white as you say they are.

I like Sam Harris' take on it

https://youtu.be/s-H9xYs0Xls
                  Well the cop that killed Rice WAS in fact fired by another police force for being unfit for duty. What's your argument that his partner is the one more at fault? I tried to pay close attention to Sam Harris but I may have missed it if he commented on it.

Comment

• Is there a point at which this woman will become too deranged and unhinged for even Fox News? She wants most of the leadership at DOJ and the FBI arrested. She's been calling for Sessions to be fired for months.

Periodic reminder that this imbecile ran several horrendous Senate campaigns against Hillary and got her ass handed to her. Her husband was tied to the mob and served time in prison.

But hey, get a dozen facelifts and a boob job and Trump will treat you as if you are a brilliant legal mind.

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Well the cop that killed Rice WAS in fact fired by another police force for being unfit for duty. What's your argument that his partner is the one more at fault? I tried to pay close attention to Sam Harris but I may have missed it if he commented on it.
                      I assume you saw the video. They were responding to a call where a male was pointing a gun at people. The driver pulls right up to him and the passenger opens his door. Right there is Rice and he's reaching for his waistband. The passanger has no cover whatsoever. Under those circumstances there is only time to draw and defend yourself. What the driver should have done was park 25-30 feet away where they have the space to draw and issue orders. Instead he put his partner directly into a snap second decision.

Comment

• Watch the entire video of the hotel shooting. The cops yell at whoever is in the room to come out. After the two people come out, the cops are clearly being cautious that there might be others still in the room. The ask the two people several times if there’s anybody else in the room.

Comment

• May this STFU last all of youse all week...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            May this STFU last all of youse all week...
                            I hope so too. Let's try something here -- why don't YOU STFU? Until Friday. If this STFU is indeed sufficient for the week, we may not require your presence on a daily basis here in the future. You could be free to help other communities STFU.

Comment

• Sure thing hack...I'll STFU...but I refuse to shaddup...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• One step at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X