Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
    RIP Mr. Enberg. You were one of the best. I loved listening to you announce sporting events.
    Agreed. He had an amazing voice
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• His delivery was awesome as well.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Jerry Van Dyke, my favorite Van Dyke. Loved him in Coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadWolf View Post
          Jerry Van Dyke, my favorite Van Dyke. Loved him in Coach.
          I never really watched that show much, but I saw it occasionally.

He had a line in that show that I always remember when I think of him

I vaguely remember the scene, but for some reason he was defending himself in court. Something happened and he stood up and said something to the effect of "Your honor. I need a salad bar"

I know it loses in the translation, but the scene, line and his delivery were hilarious.

R.I.P. to a funny man.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            I never really watched that show much, but I saw it occasionally.

He had a line in that show that I always remember when I think of him

I vaguely remember the scene, but for some reason he was defending himself in court. Something happened and he stood up and said something to the effect of "Your honor. I need a salad bar"

I know it loses in the translation, but the scene, line and his delivery were hilarious.

R.I.P. to a funny man.
            My favorite line from him in Coach was, Luther (Jerry) and Dauber (I named my 1st basset hound Dauber) walked into Hayden's office eating chilly dogs from the roach coach. Hayden asked "chilly dogs for breakfast?" Luther: "we're eating them with orange juice".

Or when Luther and Dauber were stuck in concrete they had poured in a new addition to Hayden's log cabin...Luther to Dauber: "one thing to remember, no professionals".

The dude was a comic genius. Without him the world is a lot less funny.

Comment

• Astronaut and moonwalker John Young
              AAL Quintez Cephus
              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Ray Thomas, founding member of the Moody Blues, dies at age 76.

Comment

• Happened upon this bit of sad news ...

Babymetal's Mikio Fujioka dies after suffering injuries from observation deck fall

Not familiar with BabyMetal? Check this out. Just remember, once you see this you can never unsee it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK3NMZAUKGw"]BABYMETAL - ?ƒ??‚??ƒ„?ƒ? - MEGITSUNE (OFFICIAL) - YouTube[/ame]
                  Last edited by LightninBoy; January 11, 2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Yep. A great era in sportscasting is slowly closing.
                    ......as we all stop paying attention to the games in process and are content to watch highlights while checking our phones for the score.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                      Ray Thomas, founding member of the Moody Blues, dies at age 76.
                      As a serious Moody Blues fan, RIP Ray.

Comment

• Motorhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clarke dies at 67

The Associated Press,
                        January 11, 2018 09:20 AM

Updated 40 minutes ago

LONDON

British hard rock band Motorhead says former guitarist Edward "Fast Eddie" Clarke has died aged 67.

Motorhead says on Facebook that Clarke died Wednesday in a hospital while being treated for pneumonia.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...#storylink=cpy
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          Motorhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clarke dies at 67

The Associated Press,
                          January 11, 2018 09:20 AM

Updated 40 minutes ago

LONDON

British hard rock band Motorhead says former guitarist Edward "Fast Eddie" Clarke has died aged 67.

Motorhead says on Facebook that Clarke died Wednesday in a hospital while being treated for pneumonia.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...#storylink=cpy
                          I had no idea he founded Fastway. I loved this song way back in the day - the guitar hook in particular. It sure sounds dated now...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_oPyavUaw"]Fastway - Say What You Will (Stereo) - YouTube[/ame]
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Say what chu wiiill
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• OK, this one is just for us old timers:

"Doreen Tracey, a former child star who played one of the original cute-as-a-button Mouseketeers on "The Mickey Mouse Club" in the 1950s, has died, according to Disney publicist Howard Green. She was 74."
                              2005 Detroit Lions motto: "We're not happy until you're not happy!"

Comment

• Keith Jackson, voice of college football, passed away at the age of 89

R.I.P. and a Whoa Nellie!
                                Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

Working...
                                X