No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will do Gonz, hope all is well, sorry I was not around for you, but believe me will double up the prayers.. all my best
    If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

• Congrats on your retirement, Stee!

I have a happy story.

Yesterday on my way home from work, I stopped at my favorite party store to buy some scratch off lottery tickets to include with the Grandkids Christmas present. I have to buy for 4 and I wanted to get a variety so I am looking to see how many different kinds of $1 tickets they have. As I am doing this another lady walks up to the lottery counter and puts her liter bottle of coke down and stands there waiting. (At this store, she can not make a grocery purchase at the lottery counter so I figured she knew what she was doing.) The owner of the store called one of the people over to man the lottery counter. When the young lady arrived, the lady with the Coke looked at me knowing I was waiting before she was. I nodded for her to go ahead.

She hands the clerk about 20 daily tickets and the clerk runs each of them through and disperses the winnings (lucky lady won $180.00) this took about 3-4 minutes.

My turn. I purchase my lottery tickets then head to the front counter to buy some libations. She is just finishing her purchase of a liter of coke and she turns to me and hands me a scratch off lottery ticket and says thanks for letting me go first. I waived her off and said it was no problem. She insisted I take the ticket.

This morning drinking my tea before heading out the door, I scratch off the ticket to learn I won $25.00.

How cool!
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Congrats, STEE.

Good deal, Mark.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Conrats STEE. You're going to have a blast when Judy retires and you start travelling. Good for you. That's my plan as well but I still have children responsibilities making it prohibitive.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• You are a great dad DanO, and a great friend. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Merry Christmas. Caroline shot some footage during a snowstorm in NYC and made a video. Of course, since she is my daughter I think it's pretty good... ;)

https://youtu.be/ycHL_07Aqd0
              I saw this when she first posted it and just loved it!! Both her performance and the scenery are wonderful!!
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                I saw this when she first posted it and just loved it!! Both her performance and the scenery are wonderful!!
                I got a chuckle when she sings You can hear sleigh bells in the air and she shows the taxis.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well done! She is a special young lady.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
                    You are a great dad DanO, and a great friend. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours
                    Thanks STEE. Merry Christmas to you and the family as well.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I vote CG.

Comment

• Asked my son in law if he watches football and he said no. Then he qualifies it with there are all these rules like 6 points for a touch down and then they have to kick a field goal for 3 more points.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• me and Mrs. stee are all done with a combined 82 years of work... now to kick back and enjoy life.. Happy New Year my friends

Comment

• Happy New Year to you and Judy.

Very happy to see you two kick off the golden years, hand in hand.
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Congrats to you both!

Happy Travels!

Comment

• gonna try your jumbo recipe for new years Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X