College Football Broadcast Information/Schedule - TV, Streams, Tech Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the help on Chrome.

I bought an Acer R13 Touchscreen 2-in-1 Chromebook. I wanted to go to a store to buy it and tried Best Buy. I've never had a good buying experience with them and the trend continued....... a stock check revealed there was not a single unit available in the SE.

I ordered on line from Costco; it was $389.

Of all the "Book" type laptops (or tablets - this one is kinda in between), it has the largest display. It also has a standard USB port. Samsung, Lenovo offering similar products for about $100 to $120 more have all gone to the USB-C ports. Nothing works on these unless you buy the adapter for about $30. The Acer will run a mouse off Blue Tooth (I hate the pad) and a External USB DVD/CD unit off the standard USB port.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Someone posted that the IU/M game had the highest number of viewers yesterday of all the televised games. That's nice. People need to stop watching CFB so I can stream!!!!

Just wondering if others are having a similar experience with all the regional and major sports broadcasters who offer live streamed CFB games (that would be BTN, ABC/ESPN, Fox and CBS) that I am routinely experiencing.

On Saturday, noon time, I was watching the M/IU game via my OTA signal for ABC. Just for kicks I went to BTN, WatchESPN and Fox, FSGO Video on the web. Games of interest were FSU/Duke (Watch ESPN), Rutgers/Illinois (BTN) and Kansas/Iowa State (FSGO Video).Not that I had a great deal of interest in the games themselves, I just wanted to see how good these streamed products were.

The BTN and WatchESPN constantly buffered. FSGO Video streamed flawlessly. I don't have a network, router or internet problem. Gone through that when I first started doing this.

Later I wanted to stream MSU/Minnesota (BTN), osu/neb (FSGO Video) and had the same problem. The osu/neb game on FSGO Video - the same server I had no problems with for Kansas/Iowa State - was unwatchable due to buffering.

To me, this is clearly a service provider server issue - they get overloaded. WTF. With all the advertised hype about TV anywhere from these guys, investment in delivering a decent product isn't there. Of course, that's not surprising but it's frustrating. I just want to confirm that I'm not alone.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
      X