Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, we may have 30 mins of downtime soon as the host moves us to a new "host node" - whatever that is. Trying to find a solution to intermittent slowness.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

The move was made last night and things seem better this morning (which is often when it gets unbearably slow for some reason).

I'll keep monitoring but hopefully this has solved the issue.
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

Much better today, Deb ....... made a short post and it jumped right up there w/o any delay.

Great work.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Yeah it does seem MUCH better. Yay!

I had been arguing with the hosting company (which by the way is really a rock solid, terrific company) about where the problem was. They claimed it's the software behind the forum. I argued that the software has been installed for years and didn't suddenly get inefficient. Also, that the morning was the worst part of the day and that was odd since there is very little traffic then. I finally reached someone who agreed with me and dug a little deeper.

Anyways..............

Sorry it was bad for a while there.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

........ man, do I know what you are dealing with .... "it's the software, no it's the hardware."

We have an electronic medical record system where I work. There are two weaknesses that cause massive but recurrent slowdowns in charting which the network manager refuses to acknowledge. (1) the server architecture and (2) the endpoint wireless distribution system. He says it's the design of the EMR software. Right.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

lol sounds familiar (my day job is in healthcare IT)
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

Roaring20 .........Welcome.

Please repost your remarks about the kicking game in an establihsed thread. While it may not be obivious, the Thread title The Team, The Team ..... is the one that is appropriate for comments about, well, The Team.

We try to keep thread numbers to a minimum so that a quick read of the most recent posts is possible. Again, welcome.

Comment

Happy 4th of July weekend to everyone, especially our veterans and active duty soldiers!

Our independence, rights and freedoms come directly by their hands!

I had a chance to meet a 90 year-old WWII vet last week at work. He was a B-24 Liberator pilot who was shot down over Germany and managed to keep his plane aloft so all 9 of his crew could get out before he bailed. They all ended up as POWs, and they all made it home. He, like many of the WWII vets I have been honored to meet, re-upped and continued to fly missions until the end of the war. He has also been married for 66 years!

This is the type of story I love to share because, unfortunately, we are losing these veterans at a very quick rate these days. I guess I'm one of the lucky few who get to hear such stories regularly based on my place of employment!

Comment

My wife's uncle was stationed on the USS Missouri when the war ended. He was on board when the Japanese came aboard and signed the surrender documents. Unfortunately, we lost him a few years back, but he had a lot of great stories that we remember.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Very touching post Sean , Liney, I also miss hearing stories from family I had that were in WWII.

Comment

As a reminder to our new posters ..... it's fine to start new threads providing one does not already exist for the subject matter being newly posted.

The more threads there are makes it more difficult to do a quick scan of what's been recently posted by Thread topic.

The Mods here do regular clean-ups, deleting old threads that have been inactive for a while. Help us out.

Thanks.

Comment

Deborah, FWIW I just put in an order at Amazon using your link. Got to keep everybody happy.

Comment

I appreciate that, thank you!
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

Deborah.. did the same. Nebraska chairs, of course. =)
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

ha! Thanks
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X