Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the forum outage overnight. One of the tables in our database crashed for some reason. I was able to repair it and things seem to be working correctly now.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Wiz's "STFU" posts finally crashed the forums.

Comment

• Heh ......probably.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Thank you Deb.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Thanks, Deb. Cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              Wiz's "STFU" posts finally crashed the forums.
              shaddup
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

Deb mentioned in the Lions Forum that It appeared that usage of the the Amazon Link has not been as active as other years.

Tis the Season! Please use the Forum link to Amazon when making you Amazon purchases. It helps handle some of the cost of the Forum.

Comment

• A recent mgoboard poster remarked that he had noticed an improvement of his enjoyment of the site since the "culling." I wasn't aware but it seems the mods (whoever they are) stopped a number of posters from posting. Ostensibly due to negative rants and name calling after the losses that M suffered to osu in both football and basketball.

Frankly, I haven't noticed any difference there as mgoboards is still full of dumb, snarky posts that fail to contain anything informative with regard to the original post or offer nothing of substance - and if they think it's substantive, got news for them, it's not and usually wrong. There are still plenty of good posters there with good info. You just have to know their avatars and scroll through the rest.

We don't ban posters here and I, for one, am comfortable with that. We're certainly a smaller group but, from all appearances, a well informed and mature one. It bothers me that some of the culling at mgoblog might have been done in response to posts that might not have agreed with the principle writers at this blog. I don't know for certain. I'm suspicious though.

Anyway, I thought this was worth mentioning noting we don't ban people because they rant or we disagree with them or they get a bit angry about stupid posts. It's a good group here. Appreciate it.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• The Wizard is free to post his random keyboard pecked gibberish. We KNOW there is no line one can cross to get banned.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Wizard remains here as an example to others of the dangers inherent to snorting cowpie powder, carnal knowledge with tractors, and a missing Y chromosome. This forum should be commended for its generous public service efforts.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I hadn't thought of it that way. That's some right proper ass philanthropic shit.

Then again, surely there are better ways to achieve the ends than setting The Wizard loose amongst ourselves. Surely I can warn against the dangers of hippo attacks without dropping one in AA's pool.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, the Wiz certainly came to mind when I thought about the post I made congratulating all of us uniformly for being well informed and mature ...... except him.

Every kingdom needs it's court jester.

Wiz, we love you, man.

Comment

• No we don't.

Comment

• Yes you do.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                The Wizard is free to post his random keyboard pecked gibberish. We KNOW there is no line one can cross to get banned.
                                Talent is one poster I don't want to mess with...why he once shot a man just for snoring...and I'll be damned if I want to hang around a dude who sleeps with guys who snore...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X