No announcement yet.

Rutgers @ Michigan, 10/28/17, Noon, Eastern, BTN/Stream BTN2Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JOK came in cold vs Purdue and looked good. Now he a bumbling nervous nelly who is not ready or talented for the big time. And wow what a great play by Peters as I say that. There is no way sp8 or JOK makes that play.

Comment

Matt Millen on Peters - There's your Andrew Luck! lol pump the brakes....

Comment

Wow now that was a throw

Comment

The future on display here with Peters and Walker
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

We can block Rutgers.

Comment

We can block a lot better than we've shown with a vertical passing threat.

Comment

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                We can block Rutgers.
                I'd like to think the OL is getting it. Observers have been talking about that one more guy making his block. Hard to see real time and replays are limited but I bet we'll see improvement in individual blocking that's getting the backs to the second level.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Monday's JH presser sounds like Peters is going to get some run v. Rutgers.

I'm not entirely convinced he's going to help the offense.
                  How about now?
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    I don't care what happens this 2nd half.

The entire "trust the coaches" has to go to bed now ... or at least we should be able to question them now without people telling me and Kstat to relax!

Again Jim just failed on this one badly and got to wonder what the hell he was seeing or thinking? This wasn't a player that looks homesick, quiet kid, not confident, was 4th string, etc... whatever else people have been saying about not being ready to play. Again we aren't asking him to replace Chad Henne, Tom Brady, Elvis Grbac, etc... just play just as good or better than Speight or O'Korn.
                    Welp -- I guess I'd rather have a guy who makes a few terrible personnel decisions than one who can't recruit or develop. It's a lot more reassuring to know think that our program might not be royally fucked for the next few years than it is to think that Harbaugh made the right decision with the QBs.

But it definitely adds some ammunition to the observation that Harbaugh seems mentally checked out compared to previous years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      M 31-14..... .
                      Nice prediction. Rutgers did score 14 indeed.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Mobility: Peters
                        Decision making: Peters
                        Arm strength: Peters
                        Accuracy: Peters
                        Quick Release: Peters
                        Experience: Speight

Comment

• Given that Speight seems to have football PTSD since the Iowa game, experience isn't even a point in his favor here

Comment

• I'm not sure what to make of this game. Obviously Peters.

2, 100y rushers (Isaac and Higdon) and 334 rush yards may be the bigger story. That wasn't going to happen with JOK under center because he can't pass. Pretty obvious, pretty simple. Harbughffense is much more efficient with a passing threat form the QB running it.

Defense gets 5 sacks and more pressures. Here's the thing. That is what Don Brown schemes around. That pressure masks the weakness at S and McCray's limitations. Mettelus got worked again and I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of busts on coverage by Kinnel. Both the Ss look like they are in the right place but consistently lose the battle for the ball seemingly because it doesn't look like they get their arms up and hands in the receivers face.

Better offensive teams (e.g., PSU and osu) did and will make plays v. M's defenses weaknesses. It's out there, PSU was maybe the first to expose it, Kill saw it and ran several plays designed to take advantage; you can count on every team M faces from here on out will work to exploit the weaknesses at S and LB (matchups) in Brown's approach.

Notice that the last two OCs (Moorhead and Kill) stayed away from M corners. In these 3 and 4 wide sets, those inside receivers are covered by the Ss and sometimes the LBs. I'd like to know more about how those hand-offs work in man. Brown just doesn't play zone. I'm not sure that is the thing to do but what do I know. What I do know is that there are risks in the Brown approach. I guess he can live with those.

Anyway, it's Rutgers. I'm not going overboard here. The blocking may have been good because Rutgers is not good at stopping the run. It could be good execution and since I'm a homer, I'll go with that and wait for the UFR to prove me wrong.
                            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 28, 2017, 02:41 PM.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Those are good points Jeff. The thing I like about Peters is his decision making. Even if he missed the pass, he went to the open receiver.

Comment

• The passing game didn't affect the running game, other than a few 3rd down conversions that allowed them to get more carries.

Comment

Working...
                                X