Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1G Universities (and Notre Dame) unlike most the smaller schools, doesn't recruit the Canadian junior leagues. This puts the B1G at a big disadvantage when they are having their 18-21 year old facing other teams 20-24 year olds.

Comment

• So Wisconsin is hosting the Frozen Four in Tampa. Surely an NCAA rule barring such practices will be forthcoming. I figure we'll hear something by Tuesday.

Comment

• North Dakota killing Quinnipiac, 5-1. Looks like they're about to get their first title since 2000.

Comment

• I didn't realize it had been that long for UND. They were clearly the best team in the country.

Comment

• Iowa didn't get in the board after that, they had a missed FG.

Comment

• Found via mgoblog...

Monday, Michigan coach Red Berenson pondered his future in Ann Arbor, something he said he thinks about constantly.

Warde Manual is starting to look like another big time dubass hire for Michigan. His first two big moves related to coaching have been:

1. A Godawful contract extension for Beilein
              2. Asking a badly washed up Red Berenson to stay on longer because he didn't feel like conducting a coaching search. A search that likely would have consisted of getting Mel Pearson's agent on the phone.

Comment

• I shot the Michigan Hockey game last Saturday for mgoblog. Here's an article with one of my photos:

Comment

• Nice.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Brian Cook officially calls for Red's head.

Manuel still might not be firing Red this year. He is turning out to be another crappy AD hire if that is true.

Comment

• Yeah, it should be clear to Manuel that it is time for a change on the hockey bench. I agree with Brian's position. This has been a multi-year slide, with an aberration year last year, and that was due, in my opinion, to a boatload of NHL ready talent. I hope Red realizes it, and does not go the Bobby Bowden route.

Comment

• I don't follow hockey, but isn't he on the Carr track, in which he tries to retire and the AD keeps asking him back for one more year?

Comment

• To some extent. Warde asked him back after last season. So yes, that's on Warde. But Red could always say no, I'm done. I get the feeling that he thinks he can recapture his 90s magic. The evidence is to the contrary.

Comment

• Red retires:

Comment

• Fuckin Manuel

Comment

• I hope the new coach will emphasize defense.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X