Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of my concerns stem from how bad they are on defense. They're just horrible. I know they have a new assistant coach to help with that but any team with size will give us fits
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
      Alcohol is a depressant. Maybe it's you?
      I'll just drink more to offset it. Two negatives make a positive!
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

It's hard to be tough yourself when Plan A is "make jumpshots" and Plan B is "???". It's easier when you have a solid enough defensive scheme to grind out ugly ones. Possible to have that now. So, gotta be hopeful.

Comment

Maybe I should be happy with our success and being regulars in the NCAA tourney again but it just seems like this team is capped and we're not going to exceed that. I'm just so confused at how a team that once were looked at to be trend setters and had dynamic players has turned to such a middle pack team.

Besides McGary we haven't had a player with size who's an NBA talent in a hot minute. Coach B revived this program and almost won a championship and I'm very grateful for that but right now we are just slumping along. I liken this team to the Red Wings. They have some talent but no real stars and the direction is confusing
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Well they remade the coaching staff in the offseason, and brought in a defensive assistant to address precisely the problems we've had. The Kentucky transfer, who is mostly athlete/not much of a shooter, is the type of player Beilein might not have played in the past. I'm not saying he's gonna save us, but it's evidence the program may be more open-minded about the type of players they want here. Beilein said this year that he's recruited a bunch of Very Nice Young Men and that is both a good thing and a bad thing.

So, given that he's not on the hotseat, what the heck else are we supposed to do but note that he understands what's wrong and for the first time in a while is looking beyond his comfort zone for solutions?

Comment

My problem is that he's just now addressing this. It's actually very Lion'esque to wait several years to watching things mount up and then say "man I sure let that go on for too long".

It's difficult as a fan to see that we're not bringing any bigs in with skill and know we ain't going anywhere
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Unless you're ok with mediocrity? I'm just sick of treading water. When Brady Hole was on campus coach B looked like a friggin rockstar.

Raise the bar
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  My problem is that he's just now addressing this. It's actually very Lion'esque to wait several years to watching things mount up and then say "man I sure let that go on for too long".

It's difficult as a fan to see that we're not bringing any bigs in with skill and know we ain't going anywhere
                  Several years? Just 2 years ago he was in the Elite 8 with almost another FF trip.

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Several years? Just 2 years ago he was in the Elite 8 with almost another FF trip.
                    When you're drinking, I guess it just seems longer.

I think this team, if healthy, is going to get you 19-22 regular season wins. That may make them a 7-to-10-seed in the tourney. However, if somebody like Wagner makes the leap or if Teske has a real impact as a Fresman, then they could be a real surprise team. Somebody needs to join Donnal as being a consistent plus as a big.

Being picked 7th in the B1G isn't a major slight, as I think this is the top conference once more. Purdue returns a lot of beef, the bucknuts should be more mature, Maryland still has Tremble and spartie has their best recruiting class in about 20 years. Then you have Wisky and IU.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong and when I sober up I'll eat crow about it.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        I hope I'm wrong and when I sober up I'll eat crow about it.
                        It has only been 2 seasons since their last B1G title and their Elite 8 buzzer-beater loss.

Comment

So, the big unveil of the new uniforms was a nice event but the unis themselves are only a minor upgrade. The blue is my favorite. They might've gotten full marks from me if they hadn't squished the lettering down. I like the trim. I like the shorts a LOT better than last year. The tire tracks are gone and, like last year, there is still an M on both sides. Beilein likes the shoes the most. Hopefully, the Jumpman association helps with recruiting.

Photo by Dustin Johnson
                          Last edited by *JD*; October 1, 2016, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Too plain, but I'd rather than that too stupid. Still hate that font for the numbers. Stoopit.

Comment

I would've added the trim to the waistline, made the block M on the shorts a little bigger (though it is bigger than 2 years ago) and kept the MICHIGAN at last year's size. The numbers don't bother me like they do you. I might like the other way better but it's not too bad. I'd rather have it this way than rounded.

I mean, basically, they got it right here:

I like the shine on the jersey as well, which is missing from the newbies.

And here:

So, the closer to either of those, the better.

p.s.- Suck it, JR!

Comment

Man Wagner has a great stroke. The ceiling of this team is 100% dependent on him, IMO.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9p1UgIO8-A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9p1UgIO8-A[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X