Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spartan Football - Owned and Operated by the University of Michigan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr matey! Is that really the score bloke?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...... yeah, that was the score.

Starting QB Luke Falk didn't play and Leach had to deal with a Freshman at QB. Sound familiar?

I watched the first half and WSU wasn't the same WSU with Falk at QB that I'd seen a couple times during the regular season. It also seemed like the offense was uninpsired. Resembled M after Peters went down and O'Korn was forced in.

Reportedly, Dantonio cried post game becoming overwhelmed with the emotion of bringing has team back from 3-9 in 2016 to 10-3. I like Dantonio but hate that MSU gets this kind of boost to start 2018. Emotion is a big part of CFB; while I have no doubt M plays with emotion but, as we've seen when M faces MSU, not with that kind of emotion.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• One of the interesting subtexts of the Mark Dantonio era is his public face is that of a hard ass, behind the scenes he is a pretty emotional. I didn't hear about the crying thing but it wouldn't surprise me, he gets pretty close with his players.

The expectations for next year are going to be sky high, especially since Scott and Davis are coming back.

Comment

• Wazzu just isn't that good. Price does a great job with an under-talented team, but they'd be Maryland in the B10 East. Falk or not, Sparty was going to bludgeon them.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They are so small on the defensive line. The Spartans had trouble running in most of the games, but last night they looked like they were running against Minnesota.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Wazzu just isn't that good. Price does a great job with an under-talented team, but they'd be Maryland in the B10 East. Falk or not, Sparty was going to bludgeon them.
              Probably true but until their last regular season, must have game that was a blow-out loss to PAC12 title contender Washington, they played well in an, albeit weak, conference.

Wazzu wasn't ready for this game and a determined MSU team.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I did not have the same confidence that talent had in a Spartan bludgeoning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Probably true but until their last regular season, must have game that was a blow-out loss to PAC12 title contender Washington, they played well in an, albeit weak, conference.

Wazzu wasn't ready for this game and a determined MSU team.
                  Your right. Pac 12 is a piss poor conference. That said I thought Spartans would have trouble with Wazzu. Mainly schemes and match ups. I was wrong. They are the same ol' crappy WSU and same ol' crappy conference. Just another notch for D'antonio inBowl games.

Comment

• Just reported:

Former Michigan QB commit Messiah DeWeaver is transferring out of Michigan State. With Brian Lewerke looking like a pretty good starter for 2018 and perhaps beyond, the writing seems to be on the wall.

In case you don't remember, DeWeaver (class of 2016) committed to Brady Hoke but when Jim Harbaugh was hired, the two parties seemed to come to a mutual understanding that Michigan might not be the best fit.

Was this expected, Froot? Who'll be behind Lewerke in 2018?

Comment

• I hadn't heard much but he wasn't the backup, I think he got into 1 game but they generally went to Terry. The writing must have been on the wall. I presume Rocky Lombardi will be the backup, he is supposed to be good, he was a true Freshman this past season.

They also have two quarterbacks coming in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        Just reported:

Former Michigan QB commit Messiah DeWeaver is transferring out of Michigan State. With Brian Lewerke looking like a pretty good starter for 2018 and perhaps beyond, the writing seems to be on the wall.

In case you don't remember, DeWeaver (class of 2016) committed to Brady Hoke but when Jim Harbaugh was hired, the two parties seemed to come to a mutual understanding that Michigan might not be the best fit.

Was this expected, Froot? Who'll be behind Lewerke in 2018?
                        Rocky Lombardi, and Theo Day.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Co-Defensive coordinator Harlin Barnett is going to Florida State to be their DC.

Comment

• MSU President gonzo

Comment

• She needed to go, some of those trustees need to follow her out. She did a lot of good while she was president. but totally failed on the most important test.

Comment

• Wow, she really took responsibility for her deaf ear: "As tragedies are politicized, blame is inevitable. As president, it is only natural that I am the focus of this anger."
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X