Minnesota @ Michigan, Saturday 11/4, 7:30p, FOX, Stream FoxGo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota @ Michigan, Saturday 11/4, 7:30p, FOX, Stream FoxGo

7:30p kick-offs in November suck. It's dark its frigging cold and you don't leave the stadium until after 9p. The CFB landscape has changed since the MSU win v. M shuttled this game to a 7:30 time slot.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Still no Fox affiliate for me on DirecTV, so I won't be able to watch this one.

Comment

Can't you rabbit ear it?

Comment

I looked on some AV web sites and for my location, they say no. I'm pretty far away from a broadcast antenna (45 miles or so).

Comment

It fucking figures though. I didn't watch anything on Fox more than about once or twice a year for fifteen years. Then Big Ten football shows up and now I can't watch it.

Comment

So, you missed the PSU-OSU game?

DTV finally settled up with our local CBS station a couple weeks ago. Or vice versa. Whatever, it's back. So, yay, I can watch UGA-South Carolina!
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I caught the re-air on FS1. I was able to avoid news about the game but it took effort.

They'll probably re-air UM-Minny sometime Sunday afternoon.

Boy is it ever getting harder to justify paying those huge DirecTV bills. By far the #1 reason that I have it is to be able to watch live sports.
              Last edited by Hannibal; October 30, 2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

They are enrolling me in sports packages now. So, I get an email that says you've been enrolled! It's only $45/mo for 3 months! Then I have to call and cancel it because you can't do it on-line. It's either intentional (which I suspect) or someone has hacked my account, but to what end?

So, I'm actually going to talk with our Consumer Protection office today and think about ways to go after those fucks. I guarantee you that if it's systematic they are bilking thousands of people for unwanted sports packages.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I knew that it was only a matter of time once AT&T acquired DirecTV that DirecTV would eventually end up going down the toilet. They used to come through my neighborhood constantly asking me if I wanted to switch to UVerse and I was like "LOL Nope". They must have gotten tired of everyone saying the same thing. So now I basically don't have a choice. I am increasingly being reminded of the shitty service that made me drop cable 16 years ago. I thought that I was done with those assholes permanently.

Edit: The mgoblog podcast this morning has a really good rant with Ace and Brian, talking about all of the commercial breaks during the Michigan-Rutgers game. They were ridiculous, like an NFL game. The fans started heading for the exits in the 3rd quarter, supposedly. Strangling the golden goose.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; October 30, 2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Meatchicken 18 Row Your Boat 13
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I did not know about this ........

Quinn Nordin missed a 37-yarder, which followed on from a missed XP last week. Allen Trieu is reporting that Nordin is injured and might miss some time coming up, which is Not Great. At least Michigan's backups here showed well in spring. 70 yarders are probably out of their reckoning.

Hope he's better before traveling to Madison.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

We'll end up 8-4. Are any of our remaining games single digit spreads? They shouldn't be.

Comment

uh.....OSU will be double digits...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Minnesota's defense is solid. Not really sure what to expect out of this one from our offense. It might be terrible again, like it was against MSU. Or, it could be really good if anything that we saw in the Rutgers game carries over. In the former scenario, I think that we still win an unwatchable affair -- something like 16-13. In the latter scenario, I think that we win something like 34-10. It will be a short, low posession game (like the AF game). The one certainty is that Minnesota will not move the ball on us. I'll be shocked if they get anything more than our one cursory shitty defensive posession where we give up 7 points. Maybe they'll get a field goal or two on top of that. Their offense is terrible. Their running game is competent but they don't break big plays, and their passing sucks.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; October 30, 2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

18-13. I already said it. Get with the program.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                              X