Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badgers @ Wolverines, Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could very well just be a sloppy puntfest. M 17-13.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

As of 6:30 this AM the prediction is 50% chance of rain at kickoff diminishing to 30% by 5PM. I am in AA with my med school reunion and will be at the game. Will try to get over to Doug's tailgate beforehand.

Comment

Losing Biegel is a pretty big deal.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Every single prediction I've seen is for Michigan to win, which is kind of scary given Wisconsin's record. Nevertheless, the Biegel injury does help in that regard. Both teams have been playing well, but Michigan also has the home field advantage. I hope it doesn't rain too much.

Comment

I agree with The Oracle's assessment.
            This game reminds me of NW vs Michigan last year (Michigan won 38-0 btw). NW beat Stanford week 1 last year, just as Wisconsin beat LSU.
            Freshman QB at the Big House... Out Vince Biegel... Starting kicker and punter are out (though the replacements for Wisconsin seem serviceable, just not as good).
            Troy Fumagalli worries me, but he isn't explosive or anything.
            Contain him on 3rd down conversions and you'll be good ... McCray, Gedeon, Peppers, Hill, or Thomas...
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

That wasn't my assessment BTW...Pro Football Focus. I think somewhere in the 31-13 range.

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                That wasn't my assessment BTW...Pro Football Focus. I think somewhere in the 31-13 range.
                Ah yes, I see that now.

Perhaps it's obvious: I'm thinking the biggest threat for Michigan to give up points to Wisconsin is off turnovers.
                Michigan only has 2 turnovers this season so far (1 was on the first drive vs Hawaii). Wisconsin has forced several turnovers so far this season, but they are minus Biegel. Watt has been a good LB and Cichy has history... I think Cichy had sacks on 3 straight plays in a Wisconsin game last year.
                Wisconsin went for it on 4th down twice in MSU territory last game. Their backup kicker made a 41 yard kick, but maybe Wisconsin isn't that confident in this guy.

That's why I'm predicting: Michigan 26, Wisconsin 7. Slight chance for the shutout because Wisconsin isn't as good in the kicking game due to injuries. Just avoid turnovers please.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

I must be the only person outside the State of Wisconsin who thinks they win it. 24-17 Wisky

Comment

Yes, UMStan, yours is the first pick I've seen for the Badgers.

Comment

3 of the 4 schmucks on Around The Horn picked Wisconsin as well.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Schmucks is right. Guarantee no one on that show has seen a down of Michigan or Wisconsin...and I have no idea who was on there today.

Comment

Michigan wins. 10 points.

BOOK IT!
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Called the booky and booked it. 10 points + 15 more. Michigan by 25. I may lose my wife and house.
                            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

Is she heavily mortgaged?

Comment

Took a look at the NOAA Discussion and maps. There's a low pressure system stalled and spinning right along the Indiana/Kentucky boarder but conditions don't support heavy rain in SE MI and it will dissipate as the morning progresses. After 3p there may be some increased shower activity as the conditions along this low pressure trough do support some increased rain chances later in the afternoon but it will be light and sporadic.

Right now, on the Radar, there's a band of showers along the Eastern side of Lake Michigan that is lifting northeastward and well clear of Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor and the surrounding area is cloudy but dry.

I don't see any huge downpours or lightning affecting the game but NOAA has kept a chance of that in the forecast. I'd say the WX is a little better looking this morning than it was on Wednesday when it looked like the game would be a wash-out. There's a gal who does a weather report at mgoblog, she's a USAF Forecaster, who is even calling for some sun trying to find it's way out by kick-off.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 1, 2016, 07:35 AM.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X