No announcement yet.

Penn State @ Michigan, Post Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like there's no #14 on D, so that was Harris for at least 2 snaps in the first half.

Comment

• Metellus wears #13.

Comment

• Eddie McDoom also wears #13. On the other side, there's Winovich at #15.

Comment

• When did teams allow for numbers to be given out to multiple players. Its kind of irritating
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Since the dawn of college football.

Comment

• as long as I remember UNL has had players on offense and defense with the same numbers
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It's pure math, there are only 100 numbers and at home you might have 120 dressed.

Comment

• Was very nice to see a pounding like this. Was especially nice to see Michigan win the game with a more repeatable bread-and-butter approach. I feel a lot better after a game where the OL dominates and Speight struggles than I do after a game where Speight dominates and the OL struggles (i.e. UCF).

The o-zone had a great column, as usual, on this game. Specifically talking about what a terrible job Franklin is doing there. I don't understand how such a crappy coach can win more than 7 games at Vanderbilt, but somehow he did it. If you win at a crap program like Vanderbilt then you should be able to win big at a place like Penn State. That logic makes a lot of sense but for some reason it just doesn't come true a lot of the time.

I think that Franklin might be gone after this year. It depends upon how much mileage he gets out of the "sanctions" excuse. But PSU has signed over 70 players (I think) in their past few classes. It's like RichRod and Hoke -- some valid excuses, but not valid enough. There should be visible improvement taking place there. If anything, Penn State looks as bad as they ever have.

Comment

• Was that a positive post from Hanni? Things are looking up for sure.

Comment

• I'm not sure getting a team like Vanderbilt to 7 wins is preparation for going to a big program where you are expected to win. To me it is an entirely different skill set. I think it is a mistake a lot of teams make thinking hiring coaches.

One of the keys is how long is the coach winning at a bad program. Generally if someone succeeds at a bad program for just a season or two, he becomes the hot name. In reality he may have just stumbled across a few great players.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Was that a positive post from Hanni?
                        To the degree to which it is warranted. As always.

Comment

• If I was Penn State i'd take a long look at Les Miles while he's there. Franklin sucks. That debacle with kicking the FG was a pure disgrace.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• very Marty Morningweg'ish
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Les Miles would be, at best, a custodian who wouldn't be a disaster. But chances are, Penn State would string together a bunch of 8-4 seasons under Miles, which the occasional outlier in either direction.

Comment

• They could always get Schiano. This time I bet he'd say yes! Heh. Well, maybe. I think he may ultimately want back in the NFL as a DC.

They're a little up against it with USC and LSU both in need of new HCs -- I assume it's only a matter of time for Helton.

When I think the of the "hot commodity" type coaches, none of them seem like a fit for PSU. I guess that could wait it out and monitor Durkin and Ash. One of them will probably do well enough to merit some sort of upgrade. Personally, I really like Ash, but he's also stuck rebuilding an absolute tire fire and he's doing it in a division with behemoths. If he (or Durkin) can produce 7-5/8-4 with some consistency, that would be a small miracle. I think Maryland is a little bit closer, but not much.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X