Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    To be fair, it was Clinton that really opened things up for Wall Street. Certainly the Bush 43 folks didn't help.
    Lmao. The only thing Clinton did to help was NAFTA...and he needed a Republican Congress to get that. Clinton was the benificary of the dot com boom. He had nothing to do with it. Algore did...he invented the internet as you know...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I was criticizing Clinton in response to the same "stupid Republican policy..." comment, you dope.

There are two things more stupid than Republican policy: Clinton repealing Glass/Steagall and you. But to be fair you are more stupid than both put together.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOUR TYPE THINK NAFTA IS A GOOD THING THOUGH?

Comment

• These are not the largest tax cuts in history. Not even close. The 1986 cut was 2.9% of GDP. This one is 1.1% of GDP. This one may be the biggest in terms of actual dollars, but not in relative terms.

Comment

• NAFTA desimated Detroit, and it decimated Flint.

On the whole it was a good thing for the consumers of this country, but for certain areas it was devastating. Particularity the areas that put all of their eggs in the manufacturing basket.

Comment

• Miller, had given him just before the meeting. The document listed how many immigrants had received visas to enter the United States in 2017.

More than 2,500 were from Afghanistan, a terrorist haven, the president complained. Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.

Forty thousand had come from Nigeria, Mr. Trump added. Once they had seen the United States, they would never “go back to their huts” in Africa, recalled the two officials, who asked for anonymity to discuss a sensitive conversation in the Oval Office.

As the meeting continued, John F. Kelly, then the secretary of homeland security, and Rex W. Tillerson, the secretary of state, tried to interject, explaining that many were short-term travelers making one-time visits. But as the president continued, Mr. Kelly and Mr. Miller turned their ire on Mr. Tillerson, blaming him for the influx of foreigners and prompting the secretary of state to throw up his arms in frustration. If he was so bad at his job, maybe he should stop issuing visas altogether, Mr. Tillerson fired back.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/23/u...migration.html
            All persons present at the meeting have denied this lie in its entirety. How does a President fight this kind of character assassination using anonymous sources?

And the $ 4,000 figure the NYT uses as the "projected tax cut" is about double what the OMB predicts.
            Last edited by Da Geezer; December 23, 2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              oh.. and the recent speeches by the VP and other cabinet members... where they've openly praised trump or privately went around a table praising him is actually scary. That is something we'd see from NK. Our president shouldn't have people praising him to demonstrate loyalty.
              Recent? Been going on since day 1 and when he went to PR for his photo op.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                All persons present at the meeting have denied this lie in its entirety. How does a President fight this kind of character assassination using anonymous sources?

And the $ 4,000 figure the NYT uses as the "projected tax cut" is about double what the OMB predicts.
                At least one person who was in the meeting confirms that's what Trump said. Sorry it was off-the-record. They probably want to keep their shitty job. Unless you think multiple NY Times reporters are all lying...wait, of COURSE you prefer to believe that the NY Times reporters are all lying and they simply made this shit up.

I'm confident it's not a lie. It sounds like him based on decades of public statements he's made.
                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 23, 2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• At least one person who was in the meeting confirms that's what Trump said. Sorry it was off-the-record. They probably want to keep their shitty job. Unless you think multiple NY Times reporters are all lying...wait, of COURSE you prefer to believe that the NY Times reporters are all lying and they simply made this shit up.

I'm confident it's not a lie. It sounds like him based on decades of public statements he's made.
                  Everyone in the room has denied the lie. Last week's lie was that Trump was going to fire Mueller. Never sourced, always anonymous. given the NYT's history regarding Trump, I'll believe Tillerson et al.

My bigger point though is how does a President under this constant barrage of untrue garbage form any kind of coalition for infrastructure or welfare reform?

DSL: Would you personally favor drug testing for welfare recipients? Would you favor work requirements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                    Everyone in the room has denied the lie. Last week's lie was that Trump was going to fire Mueller. Never sourced, always anonymous. given the NYT's history regarding Trump, I'll believe Tillerson et al.

My bigger point though is how does a President under this constant barrage of untrue garbage form any kind of coalition for infrastructure or welfare reform?

DSL: Would you personally favor drug testing for welfare recipients? Would you favor work requirements?
                    The NY Times piece had dozens of off-the-record accounts from govt officials. I don't believe the reporters simply made shit up. I couldn't care less if these administration idiots didn't have the guts to repeat his words on-the-record. The words sound like him. This is the guy who insisted a Hispanic judge couldn't handle the Trump U case fairly. This is the guy who insisted the Central Park Five were guilty even after DNA evidence exonerated them. This is the guy who for years after Obama produced a birth certificate continued to insist it was fake. He's a compulsive liar and a bigot. Only an imbecile would trust Trump's word. Only an imbecile would trust Breitbart or James O'Keefe as reliable news sources.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Yeah it's just inconceivable that Trump would describe immigrants as being riddled with disease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        The words sound like him.
                        When this is what you cite as your "how i know the reporting is accurate" its quite the glimpse of cognatative dissonance and confirmation bias. Fact is i can make anything up and word it to where you would believe absoutly anything i say lol. Sad!

Comment

• Comment

Attached Files
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                              When this is what you cite as your "how i know the reporting is accurate" its quite the glimpse of cognatative dissonance and confirmation bias. Fact is i can make anything up and word it to where you would believe absoutly anything i say lol. Sad!
                              I provided three direct quotes of Trump linking immigrants to contagious or infectious diseases (he's a notorious germaphobe, BTW) and you and Geezer refuse to believe that he would EVER utter "Haitians all have AIDS"?

This is "they're sending us their rapists and murderers" Donald Trump?

Comment

• Democrats averaging a 13-point lead over Republicans on the generic ballot (8 different polls over the course of the month)

Comment

Working...
                                X