No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats on the daughter, she is beautiful!

Comment

Yes he is, he was born in Feb 2009 - thanks much

Comment

My black was born Feb 2006 and is now 165#'s he was just under 100#'s when we rescued him in Feb 2007.

Yours looks like he will be a big guy too.

Danes make great family members huh

Comment

Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
          And while not a dog, introducing the newest member of my family, my daighter Addison Nicole Elizabeth, she was born 20 June (fathers day) in crown point Indiana on the way home from a Eagles concert at Soldier field.
          Congratulations, dwt! She is just beautiful. And that photo is certainly a treasure.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

Thanks Deb.

He's about 115lbs now, I don't expect him to get much more than 140. He is a great pet really a great big baby.

Comment

Not a dog, but this is nonetheless the newest addition to my household:

This is about the only good picture I have of her... have a whole slew of hindquarters and tails from her running away from the camera, though.

This be Kharma, a mutt kitten that I adopted from the Kent County Animal Shelter. She was the runt of a litter that had been abandoned in a box on a street corner outside a Meijer's on the east side of town.

She's eight months old in this picture, but closer to ten currently... just a tiny little ball of fluff that the vet says probably won't get much bigger.

Comment

Nice job saving her from a bad fate!! She's very pretty.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Congrats on the daughter DWT.

Great looking dogs people.....and your cat too Chemi.

GO LIONS "10" !!!!!!!!!!!
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Not a dog, but this is nonetheless the newest addition to my household:

This is about the only good picture I have of her... have a whole slew of hindquarters and tails from her running away from the camera, though.

This be Kharma, a mutt kitten that I adopted from the Kent County Animal Shelter. She was the runt of a litter that had been abandoned in a box on a street corner outside a Meijer's on the east side of town.

She's eight months old in this picture, but closer to ten currently... just a tiny little ball of fluff that the vet says probably won't get much bigger.

Sorry for not including Cats in the thread title, Chemi. I should have put forumites and their pets.
                    Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                      And while not a dog, introducing the newest member of my family, my daighter Addison Nicole Elizabeth, she was born 20 June (fathers day) in crown point Indiana on the way home from a Eagles concert at Soldier field.
                      WTF?

Congrats on your daughter but, you took your wife to a concert when she was due to deliver?

What?

I totally understand making Mama happy but allowing a Mama that will soon be delivering into a public venue suggests that you have too much confidence that others will take care of your immediate needs and not enough that you care about their well being.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        WTF?

Congrats on your daughter but, you took your wife to a concert when she was due to deliver?

What?

I totally understand making Mama happy but allowing a Mama that will soon be delivering into a public venue suggests that you have too much confidence that others will take care of your immediate needs and not enough that you care about their well being.
                        I can't believe I'm about to defend dwt here;

The baby could have been two or three weeks premature, for all we know. Funny thing about pregnancies... they kinda rarely line up with the due date.

Comment

Chemi, good deal.

Comment

Marco, calm down, they have hospitals in Chicago. You have to realize in the military you're not assigned to a Dr. You're assigned a hospital and you see what ever Dr. Is available. In other words, a hospital is hospital - throughout her pregnancy she never saw the same Dr. twice. Heck I went I Iraq needing a root canal and got it there.

But the story is more involved than that. We woke up saturday morning with plans to look at a few homes to buy and then head to Chicago, but while we were looking at homes she started having labor pains. So off to the hospital we went. After checking her out the on staff Dr. She positively was not in labor and in no was she going to have her baby this weekend. She was a week away but Dr told her she'd be about a week late and since this was her 1st she'd be in labor for 10 to 14 hours and not to come into the hospital until her pains so intense she couldn't speak. Alyssa hearing all that said, let's go to Chicago. Off we went, though we did take everything we needed incase we brought a third home. Got to chicago in time for nice dinner and walk to soldier field. Saw a great concert and went back to the hotel. At about midnight she started have lobor pains again. At about 0230 she was pretty certain she was really in labor, so figuring she went into labor at midnight I had 10 to get her to a hospital, Dayton is 4 hours away, we headed home at at 0300. At 0400 she felt she had to push, so I punched in find a hospital in the GPS, St Anthony's came up on the list they answered the phone and told them I was bringing my wife in. They said they'd be ready, there was already an OBGYN in the building delevering twins. At 0455 Addison was born. Spent the day in the hospital and went home on Monday
                            Last edited by dwt1; August 13, 2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              I can't believe I'm about to defend dwt here;

The baby could have been two or three weeks premature, for all we know. Funny thing about pregnancies... they kinda rarely line up with the due date.
                              Well, you are going to defend on information that you do not have first hand knowledge in?

As a father of 5 I know every pregnancy is different. I also know that after the 7th month (which is much longer than two or three weeks premature) precautions must be taken and the health of Mama and Baby should have priority to this weekends pleasure venue.

Not getting into a pissing contest but, how many kids have you witnessed coming into this world, Chemi?
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

LOL, One thing about this forum. I just love how conversations evolve.
                                Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

Working...
                                X