No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son and his friends went to the movie Friday. Then they spent Saturday evening after the Lion game, Sunday and Monday having a Star Wars extravaganza in my living room banishing me to the den and the small TV. Uhhhhhhh. I hate Star Wars.
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• You guys are Spartan High School Style.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTin-eTnkOM"]Spartan High School Style (REUPLOAD!) - YouTube[/ame]
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Do you folks that live in the north still have to replace exhaust systems on your cars?

I don't remember the last time I replaced a muffler (and I put a lot of miles on my cars).

Is it because they are making them better these days or the fact that I don't drive in the snow and salt?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Actually I have driven vehicles for over 12 years without having to replace either pipes or muffler. I believe it is because they are using corrosion resistant parts. I noticed about the time that catalytic converters became mandated that replacement of mufflers became less necessary. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not but, I concur that even in a rust belt state, I have not replaced as many mufflers as in the old days.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Do you folks that live in the north still have to replace exhaust systems on your cars?

I don't remember the last time I replaced a muffler (and I put a lot of miles on my cars).

Is it because they are making them better these days or the fact that I don't drive in the snow and salt?
            I haven't replaced the exhaust on several cars now. I'm guessing they are making them better these days and there seems to be fewer muffler repair shops.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• That's kind of what I thought, but wasn't sure.

I'm surprised that they didn't go the other way and make them near impossible to change unless you had some special tool or technology. That seems to be the way with most other auto parts and systems.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I'm surprised that they didn't go the other way and make them near impossible to change unless you had some special tool or technology. That seems to be the way with most other auto parts and systems.
                If Apple ever builds a car you can bet on it.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Do you folks that live in the north still have to replace exhaust systems on your cars?

I would bet both reasons are true.

Last summer I replaced the whole thing (pipes, muffler, catalytic) on my 20 year old Jimmy, which I did once before about 6 years ago. The muffler had holes. The rest - just a lot easier than having it fail somewhere else again in 6 months. But I did paint every part with Very High Temperature ceramic paint this time, and sprung an extra $80 or so for a stainless steel muffler with a lifetime guarantee. I don't plan to be doing it again on that vehicle.

I can tell you that here in Michigan, most every car I see that is 10 years old has only remnants of their rocker panels under the doors remaining. Rust is still pervasive, and seems like the body panels are more prone to it than when they were a little thicker years ago.
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

I noticed this too, and agree with the subsequent comments about better exhaust materials. Maxi Muffler, a local chain, said they had to change their business model to do more than exhaust systems or they would be out of business.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                      I can tell you that here in Michigan, most every car I see that is 10 years old has only remnants of their rocker panels under the doors remaining. Rust is still pervasive, and seems like the body panels are more prone to it than when they were a little thicker years ago.
                      I gave my 2003 Focus ZX3 to my son in law last year and the only rust on it was where a stone hit the leading edge of the hood.

Comment

• When I lived in Michigan 35 years ago, every car over 5 years old had qtr panels flapping in the breeze. When I have visited over the last few years, I don't remember seeing so many, it any at all.
                        Last edited by CGVT; February 15, 2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• I promise, I see them every day like that. Otherwise nice looking cars, so it is easy to miss. But those bottom couple of inches.....
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• We probably get more snow and salt on the West side of the state than maybe the East Side (which I think is where UKBB is?).
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                              We probably get more snow and salt on the West side of the state than maybe the East Side (which I think is where UKBB is?).
                              We get a lot of salt here too but less snow than the west side of the state.

Comment

• I turned on NBC. If you are awake now, you will understand.

WTF?

Dammit it ended. If you saw it you know what I am talking about.
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X