Michigan 36, Cincinnati 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
    Speight simply sucks ... wildly inconsistent is unacceptable in a QB of a good team. You can't blame young inexperienced WR's when Speight airmails the ball at key times.
    Unfortunately, as many have noted, JH has failed to develop anyone better, and that is on him.
    As for critique of the play-calling --- i.e. why not run when it is 2nd and 5, etc ... I think throwing is the right answer. Sure we can pick up a first down on the ground, but if we have any hope of getting Speight to improve, using these creampuffs (i.e. the Fickell's) is the best chance.

Anyways, overall a very disappointing day that doesn't bode well for the rest of the year. In contrast, Sparty seems to have erased the bad memories of last year and are playing good ball.

Exactly!

Comment

• Speight simply sucks ...

You said it bro!

Comment

• And OSU is losing 31-13 to Oklahoma

Fuck them

Comment

• Yea that helps tonight lol Even if the officials just jobbed OK of an INT

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
            Yea that helps tonight lol Even if the officials just jobbed OK of an INT

Better pray that Michigan kick OSU ass in Ann Arbor

No excuse

Comment

• Not going to happen with our qb. I'm watching Boise st, man I wish we had their backup qb.

Comment

• To me it seemed like that fumble on the punt up 14-0 changed the game, instead of a laugher you had to grind for a little bit but you still got the W fairly easily.

Comment

• At least we're not osu fans this Sunday morning .........

Man, they got torched in prime time, at home, on national TV! Frankly, I don't think they'll fade into irrelevance with respect to the CFP although that would be heart warming. Although they can still beat PSU, M and win the CCG, they did themselves no favors in their campaign for a play-off berth this season and exposed a good deal of weakness, mainly, jtb isn't going to bail their defense out when things go south and they're playing from behind.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I don't think it does any good to keep hammering Wilton Speight. Do I think he's good enough to carry M to a CCG win and a play-off berth? No, but football is still a team game. His weaknesses, which I think are well understood by Harbaugh will shape what all the games going forward look and feel like to us.

You'll see a lot more conservatism on offense and teams will work first to stop the run and make Speight throw it, hoping, without much doubt, he'll make a mistake. The defense, OTH can keep M in any game this season barring major injuries. I don't think the ST blunders we saw yesterday are characteristic of that unit. Not worried until and only if that becomes a pattern.

While I think 10 regular season wins is possible, I don't think it's likely but not any more unlikely than our best conference competition, PSU and osu, who showed some blemishes yesterday.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      To me it seemed like that fumble on the punt up 14-0 changed the game, instead of a laugher you had to grind for a little bit but you still got the W fairly easily.

Yes, started out dominating but the turnover threw everything off.

It's good that the youngins got to experience that adversity in a win though. They came back together the 4th and the D was pretty dominant.

I will say that the Cincy coaches had some pretty good play calls against the DBrown pressure. Screens, quick slants etc. Were well timed at points. Of course the Cincy players were not good enough to win this game, they made lots of mistakes.

Still disappointed with the UM O-line. Cincy has that one good D-lineman but were allowed to pressure Speight far too often. Proud for Ty Isaac, if he can stay healthy he will have a big season. It was telling that M came out with 4 straight Isaac rushes to start the game.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Yes re Isaac. More Isaac please, and less Speight. Especially on 2nd and 5. Michigan is not winning the early downs on offense and putting itself in third-and-long situtations as a result. I think Speight is better on third and fourth down than he is on first and second. Responds well to pressure, may be overthinking things on earlier downs. Do by-down stats exist somewhere on the internet?

Comment

• Did anyone else notice that we burned Samuels's redshirt yesterday instead of giving Walker a carry or just letting Higdon tote it? I wonder if that's a sign that we're not going to be seeing Walker carry the football at Michigan.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; September 10, 2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Isaac is showing great vision. He had some nice cutbacks yesterday. Evans has been a big disappointment through two games but he also has had no space at all. We have been giving Isaac the carries on the plays that we block better, it seems.

Isaac is a Scatback in a big back's body. Great speed and agility but he goes down too easily like Carlos Brown.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; September 10, 2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• I noticed Samuels get in there too. Walker is pretty buried on the depth chart at this point, yeah.

I don't know that Evans has been a disappointment as much as Isaac has been a surprise. It would be interesting to chart the left-side carries and right-side carries of each. But Evans' game fits as a complement to Isaac's more than vice-versa. Either way, I wasn't expecting Evans to be a 25-carries feature back.

Comment

• Inexperience showed today. DPJ was awful making decisions on punts. Speight is terribly inconsistent. A 5 yd. pass 5 ft. over a receiver's head followed by a clean 20 yd. dart. Navarre 2.0 Still looks confused at the helm. 36 points includes 2 pick-sixes and a safety. Horrible. Ty Isaac finally running with authority. Grant Perry is the man. Prefer Higdon over Evans. When do we get our J.K. Dobbins?

What Cincinnati's offense did reminded me of last year's Colorado game. Quick screens and runs to the edge. Lots of dropped slant passes that could have hurt us. Seems to be the blueprint. Florida must be worse that originally thought. I am now officially concerned about Maryland. Hope you like the avatar.
                                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; September 10, 2017, 10:12 AM.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X