Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The B1G has baseball?

Comment

Your limited talents are better spent crunching recruiting numbers. Please resume ignoring the unprofitable sports thread and focusing on issues of real importance.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Yeah, the baseball team went into a late season swoon after a pretty decent start.

One more game vs the Goofers, and then the off-season begins. No NCAA's for the Wolverines this year.

A decent turnaround for the Baseball program, which has languished in the bottom third of the B1G for a while now. I'd like to see the improvement continue.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I'd like to see the B1G and the northern schools to split from the NCAA in baseball and play baseball in the spring, summer instead of during the WINTER.

College baseball also needs A LOT more scholarships given to its athletes (Title IX issue); only 11.3 scholarships out of the ~28 players on a roster. Too many choose minor league baseball over a partial scholarship if they are drafted.

Comment

And you blame them? College baseball has always been irrelevant.

Comment

Go to the SEC and ACC and the product is far superior than what we have in the B1G. Most important to me is getting the scholarships up to where they belong for the sport, that would improve the talent level dramatically at the NCAA level.

Comment

There was some talk a few years back, about the B1G and a few other northern conferences breaking away from the NCAA in Baseball, in order to have a more weather-friendly season. Nothing came of it however.

I'd like to see it. Many B1G universities have excellent baseball facilities that most people never see or experience. The season is too short, and too early.

Comment

Season is way, way too early for the Northern programs and the ACC & SEC won't ever consider adjusting the schedule. Yeah, nothing came of the talk of playing in the spring; B1G even proposed a Fall then Spring schedule to count as a full season.

Comment

Well, hold on to those off-season plans, Michigan Baseball.

The Wolverines stave off elimination from the B1G Tournament by defeating top-seeded Minnesota 3-2. Michigan (36-20) scored two runs in the bottom of the eighth inning for a 3-2 win over top-seeded Minnesota (34-20) in a second round, losers' bracket game on Thursday afternoon

Michigan, the defending tournament champion which lost 8-3 to Ohio State in Wednesday's first round, advances to Friday's 8:30 p.m. game against either No. 8 seed Iowa or No. 4 seed Ohio State. Those two teams are scheduled to play at 10 p.m. Thursday.

Comment

So shouldn't we know the result of Iowa-OSU?

Comment

Was rained out. Asswipe.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

I know. I was just being a smart ass. I have the fucking Iowa baseball app on my phone!

Comment

Just putting this out there. After a bottle or 2 of wine, I threw on UM-Kentucky Fab Five on my TV. That was 1993...seems like yesterday. They make reference to 1976 when Michigan/Indiana met in the FF, which was 17 years prior to that game. I remember as a 15 year old them making that reference and thinking that was ancient times. 17 years ago is 1999....ALL of that seems like yesterday. Where the fuck does time go? I'm old as shit man. It's almost sad.

Comment

Oracle - I went to HS with a guy from that 1976 team, and Bill Frieder was one of my teachers at Flint Northern. Kids playing HS ball now are young enough to be my grandkids....

Time rolls on ...

Comment

M beats Missouri 5-3. From MgoBlue.com:

? Michigan took advantage of a three-run first inning and a Lindsay Montemarano two-run homer in the fifth to beat Missouri, 5-3, in the NCAA Super Regional opener.
                                ? U-M owns a 1-0 advantage in the best-of-three series and will have two games to earn one win when the series concludes tomorrow (Sunday, May 29).
                                ? RHP Megan Betsa scattered seven hits and three walks and struck out six -- and was backed by a stellar defensive effort.

LSU eliminated James Madison and will be M's next opponent if M gets one win tomorrow.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X