No announcement yet.

Michigan Baseball, Softball and Other Wolverine Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how much was raised for Mott this Spring "Game"?

Since 2010, Spring Game has raised more than $1 million for the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged. This year a $5 donation will receive an authentic jersey patch and a pair of handwarmers. A $15 donation will receive a tailgate-proven tumbler. A $25 donation will receive a woven winter hat — choice of pompom or skull cap. A $40 donation will receive a stadium sweatshirt blanket. All proceeds directly benefit U-M C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. Circa 2014
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

I haven't heard what this years fundraiser got, but its been highly successful.

I had to grab that graphic because its a continuation of something that I believe OSU and MSU just can't seem to shake. They absolutely cannot enjoy their own success, without first looking at Ann Arbor, to see what's going on there. Its as if they need some sort of validation that what they are doing, is on a par with what Michigan is doing.

Michigan's Spring Game has only started being a big deal since the last 2-3 years of the Carr regime. Even at that, he tried to downplay the day's activities. Since that time, the coaches who followed have tried to make something more special out of the day. The voluntary donations to the Mott Children's Health Center have been a nice touch.

And there were certainly more than 35K at the game this year. Closer to 50K.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I agree Liney, deep psychological issues.

Let's crunch the OSU math...100k @ 5bucks = 500k.

That is just enough to cover pizza, beer and hookers for Meyer and his staff with just enough left for Urbie to send his wife to "Fat Camp".
        Last edited by Prime2; April 20, 2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Don't always agree with you Prime, but your chit is usually pretty effin' funny

Comment

Thanks Lem B...I can't imagine a world without laughter, sunshine and a little scorn.

Comment

... and a little gasoline on the fire ...

Comment

Sorry Liney, emailed in haste. Still damn unfortunate that has come to this.

Look forward to your visit, a few new restaurants on SoBe will knock your socks off.

Comment

Time for the Softball and Baseball updates:

The #2 ranked Lady Wolverines continued their winning ways on the Softball field this weekend by sweeping the Maryland Terrapins in a 3 game series at the Wilpon Complex in Ann Arbor. Michigan won Friday's game 9-1 in five innings, followed by a 16-0 shellacking on Saturday. They closed out the series with a 8-0 victory today. The Lady Wolverines will host Central Michigan on Wednesday, before heading out to State College PA for a 3 game weekend series with the Nittany Lions next weekend.

The Men's Baseball team took 2 out of 3 at Iowa City vs the Iowa Hawkeyes in a weekend series. Michigan won on Friday by a score of 8-4, before winning a slugfest on Saturday, 12-9. The Wolverines dropped the 3rd game of the series today by a score of 8-3. Michigan has won 7 of their last 9 games, and they stand at 28-10 overall, and 8-3 in conference play. The Wolverines return home next weekend for a 3 game showdown with the MSU Spartans.

Comment

Over the weekend ..

The #2 ranked Women's Softball Team swept a 3 game series against the Nittany Lions in State College, PA. They won Friday's contest by a score of 4-2, before winning both ends of a double header by twin "mercy" rule scores of 12-0, and 13-3 on Saturday. Saturday's games were played as a double header due to an adverse weather report for Sunday. The Lady Wolverines return to Ann Arbor this weekend for a 3 game series with Rutgers. If you don't already have a ticket, don't plan on going, because the entire 3 game set is completely SOLD OUT. No seats available. The Wolverines continue their record-setting ways in attendance. The series against Rutgers will close out the Wolverines regular season slate. Michigan can clinch the top seed in the Big Ten Tournament by sweeping the Scarlet Knights this weekend.
                    The Big Ten Tournament will take place in State College PA on May 13-14.

Meanwhile the Men's Baseball team didn't fare so well against the MSU Spartans. Michigan started the weekend off well by beating the Spartans on Friday in extra innings 4-3. However, they lost on Saturday in East Lansing by a score of 7-6, and then lost the rubber game of the series on Sunday back in Ann Arbor by a score of 7-4. Today, (Tuesday) the Wolverines defeated Eastern Michigan by a score of 12-4.
                    The Wolverines will also play the Rutgers Scarlet Knights at the Wilpon Complex this weekend in a 3 game series. This will be the final home stand for the team this season. They will finish the regular season with road trips to Columbus OH, and then to Champaign Illinois, before hopefully, competing in the Big Ten Tournament, to be held in Omaha Nebraska.

Comment

In the "home run hitting" contest yesterday at Alumni Field, former Michigan QB Rick Leach beat Harbaugh 1-0. Leach hit his home run in the first of three five-pitch "innings" between the two former Wolverine QB's, while Harbaugh was unable to reach the seats in his turns at the plate. The home run contest was part of the 7th Annual Softball Academy hosted by Coach Carol Hutchins, and the Softball team.

Over $151,000 was raised for breast cancer research during the 2 day event.

Comment

1-0? Well, I guess I'm looking forward to next year's bunt-the-runner-over-to-second contest.

Comment

LOL! It shall be riveting.

Comment

The Women's Softball team clinched its 9th Big Ten Championship in a row today, by defeating Rutgers 11-1. With their 20-2 Big Ten record, the Wolverines clinched their ninth straight -- and 19th overall -- Big Ten title; U-M captured the regular-season crown outright. Michigan posted 12 hits, including three home runs and four doubles. Sierra Romero and Faith Canfield both hit home runs for the Wolverines. Senior Sara Dreisinga (20-0) was tough from the circle, scattering three hits and a walk while striking out six through five innings. Michigan wraps up the regular season with the final game of the three game series with Rutgers on Sunday at Alumni Field. It will be Senior day, and Michigan will be honoring 7 departing seniors. Michigan also clinched the #1 seed in the upcoming Big Ten Tournament, to be held on Friday and Saturday at State College, PA.

Meanwhile, the Men's Baseball Team was also playing Rutgers this weekend at the Wilpon Complex. The Wolverines won Friday night by a score of 14-1, and continued their winning ways on Saturday, by defeating the Scarlet Knights by a score of 13-1. The #22 ranked Wolverines conclude the three game set with Rutgers on Sunday with a game at 12:00 pm. Michigan will continue their schedule with a game at Mt. Pleasant MI on Wednesday against Central Michigan, before heading to Columbus OH for a 3 game weekend set beginning on Friday with OSU. Michigan currently sits in 3rd place in the Big Ten with six conference games remaining.

Comment

Michigan Girls Softball tonight on B10 Network at 8pm. Michigan vs Wisconsin or Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackenzie View Post
                                Michigan Girls Softball tonight on B10 Network at 8pm. Michigan vs Wisconsin or Indiana.
                                They will play Indiana at 8:00 pm. The Hoosiers beat Wisconsin in the final game of the opening round on Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X