X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Administration

See the screen shot below:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lineygoblue; November 13, 2012, 11:41 PM. Reason: Add sticky and avatar
    #birdsarentreal

Thank you Miss Deborah!
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

One other tip:

This forum has some built in software that parses links for certain sites. What the heck does that mean? Well it means, for instance, if you post a link to a YouTube video, it will automatically embed the video here without any special coding needed.

Just copy the link from YouTube and paste it in your message. Once the message is posted, you should see the video right within your message so there's no trip to the website necessary.

This automatic parsing works similarly for other sites, but YouTube is the biggest one that comes to mind.

If you DON'T want it to automatically parse, be sure to click the GO ADVANCED button and deselect the "Automatically parse links in text" checkbox. This is the same place where you can upload file attachments or disable smilies...

If you have any questions, feel free to post them or message me.

Go Blue!
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

I think I know what that means.

Comment

Anyone know how to resize photos? Can you or is it all based on the original file size?

Realized the need when I put up a picture today. It was pretty large.

Comment

Sean, I think you'll need to resize photos before attaching them. Use Paint or an online photo editing service. Here's an online editor I like:

Free online photoshop from Pixlr. Whether you're a beginner or professional, we have a variety of images editing tools to meet your needs. Try it now!

Just upload your photo there and then select Image, Image Size to adjust the size. Then File, Save. All of this is done right in your browser. It's pretty slick.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

BTW, this thread is currently 'Closed' meaning only moderators can post here. If you guys want other members to ask questions or post responses, you'll need to open the thread.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

Thanks, Deborah. I think I've re-opened it.

Comment

Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                  I think I know what that means.
                  WAR.

Comment

After some careful thought - for about 10 seconds - I removed the OBL thread. Discussion about the deed and its implications is all over the internet and is clogging up some of the best sports boards with random commentary.

Our goals here has always been to run a politics free board. I appreciate Linesman's intent in starting the thread but I let myself get sucked in. We don't need political discussions here. Plenty of other places to express views about the OBL deed for those that want to.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Good call, Jeff. I just wanted to put in a thread for at least a day or two for people to express their thoughts about the situation.

We don't need to bring political discussion in here, as we have seen in the past that it never leads to anything good.

If anyone would like to start a political discussion forum, I'm sure Miss Deborah can set you up with a site.

This forum will remain sports discussion only.

Comment

Liney,
                        There is already a politics forum.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Thanks Jeff. I didn't mean to come off as harsh as I did in response to your post this morning. i agree that if things can't be discussed with civility they need to be rethought. I often have to be reminded of this because I find I stray from it at times.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Tony .... you didn't but I appreciate the thought. I have had many civil and uncivil (our short exchange was not one of those) political discussions via the internet and have found it's a poor medium for that kind of thing. I know you will understand that.

What got me going and making a decision to ditch the OBL thread was the garbage I waded through on the Rivals Premium board after OBL's death. I pay for that one and want to read about football not about who got laid last night, what the girls are drinking, why OBL's killing was justified and all of that BS.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I agree, Jeff. I wish the Rivals mods would ride a little more shotgun on their premium board than they do. Their "free" board can be anything they want, but when we're paying for the services, they need to keep it focused on Michigan athletics.

Comment

Working...
                              X